Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Quite a Day! (Part Two)

Hi All!


Do you see this little "angel kittie?" This is Miss Cleo - and no, she isn't too clairvoyant! This is the most gentle, loving kittie you could ask for. She loves to be petted and rubs against your legs wanting your attention. While she doesn't really enjoy being picked up, she loves attention.


Until . . . . she has to go to the vet.


Then, this little angel becomes a monster!

That is right - she grows about a million extra legs and horns and her eyes go all crazy! It is frightening! Not to mention annoying! Try getting a cat with about a million legs into a pet carrier for the trip! Not a pretty sight!

Well, yesterday Miss Cleo had to visit the vet for her shots and an allergy shot (so she doesn't lick and scratch herself bloody!). I thought I had this all figured out. I picked up the little "angel kitty" and walked to where the carrier was. The moment - and I mean the split second - she saw the carrier, she began to transform!

Knowing it is difficult to get her into the carrier, I tipped the carrier on end so the opening is on top planning to just drop her in. It almost worked.

I just hadn't anticipated the million extra legs. Getting the back legs into the carrier took a while - I had to get all 5,000 on them into the carrier opening. After the back, the front should be easy, right? NOT!

The front hundred legs kept clawing out the opening making it impossible to shut the little door. I kept scooping them into the carrier and by the time I attempted to close the door the quarter of an inch it was still open - another 50 paw were on the outside! Add to this mental image the sound of frantic crazy cat meowing and another cat sitting nearby watching this all happening and echoing the meows. Cat stereo!

Not being one to give up, I finally got all trillion legs and paws into the carrier and the door shut! Whew! I wiped my sweaty brow on my shirt sleeve, hefted the carrier - which was horribly unbalanced and awkward to carry because Miss Cleo, knowing she had been defeated, resorted to curling up in the back corner of the carrier. Those of you with cats know how much their weight can increase when they don't want to be carried!

After a brief trip - the vet's office is maybe five minutes from my house - I began an entirely different struggle - trying to get Miss Cleo OUT of the carrier! It is enough to make even the strongest person break down and sob!

Luckily I managed to dislodge the kittie from the carrier and everything went well at the vet. I am very happy to say that she is a very healthy, neurotic cat.

At the end of the visit I took her home and she bolted from the carrier like a cat from well - a carrier! Me - I just settled down with my lint roller to try to take the entire cat's worth of hair from the front of my shirt. Did I mention she sheds like crazy when she is nervous.

Lucky for me we own stock in lint rollers!

Trisha

Voice Update: Super. Okay - good. I am proud to say that I did my massage this morning while walking. AND - contrary to my mother's beliefs, you can still hear the crunching even with ear buds in and the volume turned up! I will be "warbling" out my exercises as I do laundry today. What fun!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was too funny! Miss Cleo is a beautiful cat.

I'm headed to check out Coffee Bean's blogs I missed, do laundry, catch up on bills, go to the grocery store, do my massage and exercises and prepare for BBQ hamburgers when my hubby and his son (the one who graduated) get home today. They went fishing today. We brought him back with us from MN. He'll be here until early July.

Trisha said...

Yes - Miss Cleo is beautiful until you try the whole carrier routine!

Have fun with your stepson - you don't have to cook any fish they catch, do you?

Anonymous said...

My husband cooks the fish - I just do the sides to go with the fish. He makes some tasty fish dinners!

Trisha said...

I am glad that you don't have to clean and cook and all of that. Yuck! Sounds like your husband is a good cook!

Anonymous said...

It's crazy how cats become like that with a carrier. I wonder what they think is going to happen.

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine trying to get a cat to the vet without a carrier? Been there, done that, and never again!

Cleo is a beauty!