Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Flowerbed Update

Hi All!

Well - the folks are on their way back to Ohio *sigh* I will miss them. It was a nice visit!

My flowerbed is coming along so I thought I would show you some pictures - you have to PROMISE to ignore the weeds!
Here are the Caladiums which came up from what I thought were Hosta plants. What a surprise! Oh well! I will take them!
Speaking of Hostas . . . this one actually has three leaves . . . almost!
Okay - all of your more experienced gardeners out there - is this only one Hosta with leaves coming up in different places or did two Hostas get planted close together. Even though I would have NO IDEA how THAT would happen!
Here are my moon flowers. They are busy climbing away! My mother was fascinated with how quickly they grow. Of course it is fun to watch the darn things grow about six inches in one day!

The little plants along the front are my cone flower seeds sprouting. I hope! Today a bunny was looking at them with thoughts about a quick nibble but, luckily, Hubby was looking out the window and chased the little bugger away! I sprinkled chili powder on them after I watered today so hopefully the bunny isn't a spicy food lover!

Here is a Hydranga bloom. It is one of four on my plant and they are all on the same side of the plant. Anyone have a clue why? I turned the plant around thinking it might have had something to do with the amount of sun the plant got on that side. We will see if that makes a difference.

The weeds are not too long for this world. My parents helped me buy a nice little forky rakey thing to weed with. It is awesome and I weeded most of the flowerbed with it. However, not being entirely sure just where I planted the rest of the Hostas, I didn't weed in and around the Hosta area so that I didn't dig up a Hosta by mistake. I am giving them another week or so and then I am going in! Hopefully, I will then get some mulch on this bed to cut down on the future weeding!
No - this is not growing in my garden but I had to share. Miss Cleo was being so cute and normally she quits being cute by the time I get my camera ready to take the shot! This time she just rolled around and let me take a few shots. Good Girl!

If you need cheered up just take a look at that little pink belly!

Trisha

Voice Update:
My voice is still doing really well. Last night I got out my percussion massager and went to town on my neck and shoulders. Not really in the front of my neck where my larynx is but along the sides where my muscles tend to tense up! I didn't do all of my exercises while my parents were here because I was doing so much talking just having two other people in the house. I think the cats were relieved that I wasn't talking to them or myself for a few days! Today it is back to exercises!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a green thumb you have! My dogs... ugh. They are not condusive to having a nice back yard.