Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Dad

Hi All!

I was thinking about my previous posts and realized that while I had mentioned my mother several times - I never mentioned my dad! I don't want my dad to feel short changed so here is a little blurb about Dad.

My dad is one of four boys born in rural Ohio. He, and his brothers, gave my grandma a run for her money, I am sure, as they are all pretty mischievous. Dad went to college, became a teacher and then moved to the "big city." He taught and then became an assistant principal and then a principal in a city high school. When I was ten Dad took a different job as a principal of a suburban high school (which I eventually graduated from).

Dad has a bit of wanderlust - he worked in Japan for a year before he married my mother and always wanted to travel more. When he retired he started looking for a way to work in education overseas. The opportunity came to work in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and off my parents went (Mom is a teacher too!). They worked there for 8 years with Dad being the Superintendent.

Now they are back in the states and Dad supervises student teachers, works around the house, take care of the family farm, and basically takes care of things.

I went into education because of my dad. I wanted to be just like him (well - without the funky looking sideburns he had in the 70's!).

Trisha

No comments: