Thursday, May 1, 2008

Blogging

Hi All!

My mother raised an interesting question the other day and I thought I would see what you had to say on the subject.

When I invited her to blog on my blog while she visits me (later this month) she said that she wasn't a good writer so couldn't blog. . . Do you HAVE to be a good writer to blog successfully? I never really thought about it. Writing is something I do - well, is what I do here really writing? It is more like just pouring out what I am thinking. I don't think too much about the words I use or how it sounds. I just say what I think and there it is.

Of course, I have always enjoyed writing - it is a good outlet for my slightly bizarre imagination. How else can I explain that I have very vivid dreams which are sometimes better than the television shows that are being aired? Not that that is saying too much about some of the shows on tv, especially during the now resolved writers' strike!

I have never thought I was a good writer - I have never actually stopped to consider if I am good or bad. I just write and it is comprehensible so . . . that is good enough for me!

So - do you HAVE to be a good writer to blog? Let me know what you think!

No comments: