Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's Hot and Humid Here!

Hi All!

I am just back from my morning walk and I am absolutely soaking wet. No - it isn't raining here today like it was yesterday. I am soaked with sweat (I know that isn't a pretty mental picture so just move on quickly!). Yesterday after the rain, it was so nice and cool - it was about 69 degrees for a while before climbing to a balmy 78. Still cool.

Today, when I started my walk, it was already 68 degrees and the sun was out in full force. I don't know the temperature now but I am sure it is zipping right through the 70's! That, however, isn't what made my walk so . . . . damp. It was the humidity! Hubby has a little weather station which measures the outside humidity. I check it each morning before I walk to ensure proper clothing choices. Today - that little thing said the humidity was 84%! That is HUMID!

You can't walk outside to get the newspaper in that kind of humidity without breaking a sweat. When you get out of the shower, you immediately begin to sweat again - making the whole shower thing a bit futile!

Why did we move to Texas again?

Trisha

Voice Update:
I haven't really tested the voice out today yet. However, I can almost say with certainty that my voice will be worse than it has been for a few days. Why you may ask? Because I am going to speech today, of course! I think my voice worsens deliberately just so I have a reason to go to speech. Naughty voice. Okay - I am testing my voice out - hold on. . .

Amazing! My voice is actually pretty good! Maybe this time it will be "showing off" for my speech therapist - wouldn't that be something!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well... We've got 81 degrees, 8% humidity, 24 mph winds with gusts up to 33 mph. It is... I am so sorry... FABULOUS!!! The sky is that blue blue you only get in Colorado and visibility is 10 miles.

I'm so mean. You can get me back next year when you have fabulous weather on Easter and we are shoveling snow and wearing parkas to our services!

Anonymous said...

Where oh where hast thou Trisha gone?!?!?

Hey! Just missin' ya! You are pretty regular with the posts so it is unusual for you not to be on. Hopefully, you are just having a fabulous time and too busy to bother with the computer!

Trisha said...

Coffee Bean-

Thank you for your concern (and rubbing my face in your good weather!). I will probably miss a few more days in the upcoming week until my parents go back to Ohio on Wednesday.