Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I Want to Be a Cat

Hi All!
I came upon this scene in my bedroom the other day. There were both of my feline friends taking a little snooze on my bed. They were strategically placed in what I "lovingly" call the holes of my mattress - but, I will talk about that another time.

Anyway - here the little buggers were taking a nap at about 11:00 in the morning. It didn't matter that they hadn't been awake for that long or that they don't do anything very strenuous during their waking hours. Wait - I guess chasing each other all over the house might get their heart rates up a bit! I shouldn't have been surprised - Q-Tip and Miss Cleo are often caught napping on the bed. In fact, that is normally where Miss Cleo spends the morning hours - if she isn't sunning herself ON the kitchen table, UNDER the kitchen table, or in the bathroom window. Q-Tip likes to diversify. Sometimes ON the bed and sometimes UNDER the bed. I like it best when he is under the bed and the only way you know where he is is by listening for his snoring. Yes, he snores - allergies!

I decided as I stood there looking at the cats and then taking pictures of them that I want to be a cat. They sleep for something like 23 out of 24 hours a day and when they are awake, play or eat. What a life!

Yes, I want to be a cat. That is the life.

Except for the vet visits and the thermometers . . .

Trisha

Voice Update:
Pretty darn good. I have been going to town with the nasal voice - usually when Hubby isn't home so I don't freak him out too much. I have also been a good girl about the massage. Yeah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... I kinda feel like a fat lazy cat. I just woke up from a nap!

Mental P Mama said...

Cat is definitely up there in what I want to be in my next life!