Saturday, February 13, 2010

What a Difference A Day Makes!

Hi All!

This morning the landscape looks a lot different than it did yesterday morning (see the previous post)! After a day when the temperatures were above freezing, this is what it looks like outside.

























Still snow on the ground but the trees are naked again and the roads are pretty much dry. I guess this is what you get for living in Texas! Officially the snow total for Dallas was 12.5 inches! That is the most ever in a twenty-four hour period. The next closest was 12.1 inches in 1964.
Yesterday was supposed to be the day that I finally got my hair cut. I missed my original appointment because of helping the office move and then waited another two weeks to reschedule. My hair is just growing and growing! However, my stylist called and cancelled because of the snow. She lives a bit north of us and said the snow is even deeper up there. Luckily, she had an appointment for next Friday so . . . I don't have to wait that much longer!
Of course, by the time I actually get my hair cut I might just decide that I like it the way it is . . . . NOT!
I am planning on heading to the Interpreting lab this morning to do some work. I am not sure if anyone else is going to be there to help me out. If not, I suppose I will start watching the two videos that are in the lab work.
Doesn't that sound like fun?
Hope you have a good weekend!
Trisha
Voice Update: Well, it is still doing really well despite the fact that I didn't really do anything much in the way of exercises yesterday. I took a nap and watched some tv - not my normal routine so I "forgot" my exercises. Drat!

1 comment:

Chris H said...

Your snow is still pretty! I hope it lasts a bit longer. do you?