Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday

Hi All!

Well, it is Monday and . . . the computer is still not up and working. Hubby had the thing working until he tried to reload software. Apparently, the computer didn't like that too well and decided to crash and get rid of EVERYTHING (including the operating system) again. Not good! Hubby has decided to just buy a new computer and let this one crash. Now we just wait until he has researched everything and found exactly what he wants to buy. That might take a while!

So - until that entire process is completed I will be working on my podcasting computer upstairs. And this computer has its own issues. Poor thing! At least it is letting me online. For now!

This weekend was busy for me. On Saturday I led a SD support group meeting. Because of my lovely sedate life lately (read that with about 2 tons of sarcasm, if you will!), I neglected to get the notice for the meeting out in a timely manner so not too many people attended the meeting. Including me there were six of us. However, it worked out well. We got to chat and the one new woman said that she really enjoyed the meeting so . . . it went well. I didn't have my normal preparations completed because they are usually done on my computer and we all know how the computer is doing lately!

Grocery shopping was also on my "to-do" list for the weekend. Luckily, I had made the major "meat run" trip last weekend so this one was a light shopping trip. Unfortunately, it wasn't an easy trip because Sunday is the day when the store restocks and that means that there is someone in nearly every aisle with a HUGE stack of boxes which is nearly impossible to circumvent with a shopping cart. Add other shoppers going the opposite way down the aisle and you have quite an adventure!

After grocery shopping I headed to church to partake in hand bell practice. I haven't played hand bells for several years but recently the leadership has changed and so I thought I would give it a shot! Music is something I really enjoy and so hand bells was fun. The people are friendly and the ringing is fun. I think I will keep it up for a while. We will see how it goes. Right now it actually fits into my schedule but there was some talk of moving practices to Wednesday nights. If that happens I won't be able to attend.

This would be where I might mention my interpreting class. However, I am still not in a mental place where I can talk about it objectively so . . . I decline to comment!

When I got home from hand bells, Hubby had dinner in the oven (he is soooo sweet that way). We had baked stuffed shells (which we buy from Sam's Club already stuffed), English Muffins and fruit. Yummy.

Then we headed to Wal Mart. I decided to make a "care package" for my friend, Beth, who is in college. Since I don't have any children who will be heading to college, this is my chance! I loaded up on "dorm food" which can be microwaved and doesn't need to be refrigerated. Hubby contributed peanut butter and jelly - he says no college dorm room should be without it.

That is the extent of my exciting weekend. I hope your weekend was just as exciting - or more so!

Oh - I almost forgot! I am finished with the "grid" section of my crocheting project. I am making a grid hot pad and you make a grid first (you may have seen some pictures while I was working on that part) and then you fill in the grid. I am not too sure how to get started on filling in the grid but . . .I always appreciate a challenge. When we get a new computer I will make sure to show you some pictures of my work!

Trisha

Voice Update: Still really struggling. The people at the support group said it was great (and one guy continued to insist that I didn't have SD at all - what a dork!) but I was really having problems later in the day and on Sunday. My voice always seems better in the mornings and then gets weaker in the evenings. Several people at the support group said their voices are just the opposite. It is interesting how SD can be so individualized.

2 comments:

imbeingheldhostage said...

I didn't know you did hand bells! You should post a video sometime. Sorry about the interpretation thing, it must not be good if you're not ready to share :-( And computer? Stop it--let the woman do her blogging! I hope everything is fixed soon-- it's amazing how much stress a computer can cause.

Diane said...

Tell Husband to check out www.infotechnow.com.

I hope your voice gets better soon. When my asthma flares up, it is always worse in the evening. I think pushing too hard during the day means you pay for it later!

Take care!