Monday, March 23, 2009

What Do You Say?

Hi All!

Yesterday was Hubby's birthday - Happy Birthday, Hubby! We had a nice, relaxing day. Church was first then it was home for a quick nap before watching an American Chopper marathon. What a day!

I must admit that I had some birthday cake yesterday - how can you say no on your husband's birthday? However, today it is back to the grindstone of resisting sweets!

Speaking of that - indirectly, of course, I have a strange question for you. As you know, I walk every morning. I take the same route every day so that I don't have to think too much (not that I could at the beginning of the walk!). Well, this route takes me past the same people each morning and we always wave or say "Good morning!"

This morning was a little different. This very nice man who I greet each morning stopped me. He asked if I walked each morning. When I replied, "Yes." He went on to tell me that he had lost over 100 pounds and that he used this spectacular program and that he would give it to me. He said that it really helped him when he used it along with his walking.

What do you say to someone who offers you a weight loss program?

True, I know that I need to lose weight - why do you think that I am out walking every morning and then doing weights and Wii Fit? True, this need to lose weight is apparent to people who see me. But . . . does that mean that you should offer me weight loss programs unsolicited?

I am not sure how to react. What did I do this morning? I said "cool" and kept walking. We will see if he is out there tomorrow with the program for me! THEN what do I say?

Trisha

Voice Update: Doing okay. I have noticed some more breaks than usual. Of course, I noticed this at a brunch in the neighborhood with people that Hubby says "all are on the brink of needing hearing aids." Also, most of the breaks were when these people asked me to repeat myself because they didn't hear what I said. Repeating is ALWAYS hard for me! Massage, massage, massage! Exercise, exercise, exercise!

4 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Well, I for one am curious about it. Unless he is trying to sell you something...

Flea said...

I'd be horribly offended. But looking at it from the outside, I'd say suck it up and take what he has. Especially if it works.

Flea said...

Let me know if it works and I'll try it too. :)

Anonymous said...

Tell him you are actually trying to gain weight and so far you are 50 pounds. Walking is just for your heart health.