Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Veggie Chips and Destination Imagination (Again!)

Hi All!

As I am typing this, Skor is playing with a veggie chip under the desk. I don't know if he is trying to eat it or just licking the sea salt from it. He seems enthralled. Actually, I am enthralled with the veggie chips myself.


The color of the chips got washed out in this shot but here is what veggie chips are. They are dehydrated veggies - carrot, squash, sweet potato, green bean, and taro. These little buggers are crunchy and slightly sweet and sprinkled with sea salt to add another layer of flavor. I am addicted.

My local Kroger store sells these in the produce department and once I got the nerve to actually try them. . . I fell in love. These are healthier than potato chips and also satisfy my sweet tooth now that I am resisting the urge to eat sweets. They are perfect!

Who knew a green bean could be so sweet?

The Destination Imagination tournament is this coming Saturday and that means I am in the thick of preparations. Hubby was sweet enough to lug my boxes of supplies out of the closet and I spent a bit of time going through the boxes getting out what I will need this year. Today I will really get into things as I start portioning out supplies for each team and each room.

Here is my guest room at the present moment courtesy of DI.


Lovely, isn't it? Wouldn't you like to come and spend a night with us? I should mention that the dragon is always in the guest room. He is a hand puppet and is absolutely adorable. He is the companion to my wizard hand puppet who hangs out in the music room. Hmmmm - maybe the dragon needs to relocate!
Next to the windows you can see some of Hubby's golf balls. Anyone want some slightly used golf balls?

DI has also taken over our coffee table (and soon the entire living room!). Do you see the pile of brown envelopes peeking out at the left side of the table? I had to put labels on each of those and then divide them into 6 groups (there are six different rooms teams will be going through and certain teams go to certain rooms). Soon I will be labeling six sheets of paper for each of those envelopes.
On top of the pile is a file box filled with index cards - two for each of the 130 teams - which I had to hand write this year because the powers-that-be didn't deem fit to give me enough pre-printed labels! Now THAT was fun!
At least I have Gilmore Girls re-runs to watch during the drudgery!
Trisha
Voice Update: Still not feeling like talking too much. I DO but I don't feel like it. My voice is good but I am getting really phlemy so that isn't helping matters much. I hope I don't have a cold!

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Vege chips! What a fantastic idea, if only we could get them here, maybe Griffin would eat them... that would be another way to get veges into that little bugger!

Mental P Mama said...

I see no cats anywhere;) But just a bunch of work. Hope you are not getting sick....

Anonymous said...

I think you need a sidekick to help you with the drugery! You'd be done that much sooner!