Monday, March 30, 2009

One of those days!

Hi All!

Yesterday . . . it was one of THOSE days! It started off well enough. Hubby and I slept in and got up for church only to discover the Hubby had NO clean pants. AND I mean NO CLEAN Pants! *sigh* I was doing laundry on Saturday and did he tell me that he needed pants washed??? Of course not!

So . . . church was off the board. I think Hubby planned it that way.

Anyway, we got up and I got together a list to go grocery shopping. I was supposed to go last Wednesday but that was headache day and so I didn't end up going. We were in serious need of food . . . Hubby even lowered himself to eating my generic fruit loops for breakfast on Sunday!

Right before I headed out, Hubby was vacuuming the living room and managed to suck up Skor's favorite toy - which Hubby had just bought on Tuesday! The toy connects to the "fishing pole" via a ball-link chain. Well, that was toast after its run-in with the sweeper! Luckily, Hubby managed to hook the toy back onto the string but then . . . he knocked a container of morning glory seeds off of our kitchen island by swinging the toy around!

After cleaning up that mess . . . I started to repair the toy. You see, the string had pulled out of the connector and was no longer attached to the pole.

Everything was going well . . . until I impaled myself on a paperclip trying to pull the string through the hole in the cap.

Blood. Pain. Blood. Pain.

NOT FUN!

Hubby and I went into the bathroom to "doctor" up my finger (left index finger) after which Hubby got the string through the cap and I managed to get everything put back together. Then - it was off to the grocery store.

Nothing too bad happened at the store but I did manage to dump two bags of groceries out in the back of my car on the way home!

What a day!

Luckily, dinner went smoothly even though it was tough to do things with my left index finger all wrapped up!

Trisha

Voice Update: Doing well but my throat is crunchy. *sigh*




4 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Some days it just doesn't pay to get up;)

Chris H said...

Paper clip vs. finger... paper clip won! OUCH! I too have sore fingers! pins...pins and more bloody pins! ugh.

Anonymous said...

Around these parts we can have a day like that in an hour. LOL! Can I call your hubby Mr. No Pants?

noble pig said...

Why is it they never tell you they need pants. We have the same problem over here.