Monday, January 26, 2009

Cold Water Chronicles (Part Two), etc.

Hi All!

Monday -

I just swept into my house on a gust of cold air from my morning walk. Peeling off a coat, scarf, mittens, and earmuffs, I headed into the bedroom where Hubby, sick with a head cold and stomach issues, is still in bed. As I continue to peel layers, sweatshirt, turtleneck, jeans, thermals, Hubby informs me that he has good new and bad news.

Uh-oh!

It turns out that the plumber had called and they had found a replacement tank for us (that is the good news). However, they won't be able to get the tank until tomorrow morning (that, in case you can't tell, is the bad news!). Darn, darn, darn!

As I stood there looking at Hubby all sweaty from my walk and knowing that I would sweat more during my weight routine, all I could think of was, "Great! Now I will really stink!"

I just hope that the tank is up and running so I can shower tomorrow before going to class!

To be continued . . .

The Etc. part:

Yesterday I made a trip to the grocery store. This is something that I normally do on Mondays but we had NO food in the house other than canned staples and frozen meet so, off I went! Yeah! Hubby was gone last week and so I didn't go to the store to buy stuff for only me. That means that I had a LOT of shopping to do! We were out of almost everything that we normally eat. I absolutely hate grocery shopping when you have to get "everything!" My cart filled up and then, at the check-out, the bill added up fast! At least Hubby carried everything in from the car!

Lately I have been reading magazines. Lots of magazines. They seem to pile up as I am immersed in my current book and every once in a while I need to put off the book pile to take care of the magazines.

Smithsonian is one of my favorite magazines. My friend, D, gives me her Smithsonians when she is done with them (hey - doing my part for the planet) and I devour them. They are full of such interesting stuff. The two I read yesterday both had articles about archeology in Turkey. Cool stuff.

After the Smithsonians I will hit my National Geographics. I love the information in the magazines but they just seem to pile up quickly.

What is piling up around your house?

Trisha

Voice Update: I did my massage and exercises yesterday despite the water heater "drama." My voice is doing well. I must keep on keepin' on with my exercises though!

1 comment:

Chris H said...

What piles up around my house? WEll to be honest... GRIFFIN'S TOYS. They are everywhere. That boy just doesn't know how to put away anything!