Monday, April 21, 2008

Wake Up Crash

Hi All!

Normally I am woken up by my kittie alarm clock just in time to make "Daddy" his lunch and send him off to work. However, this morning I was woken by a crash and that oddly musical sound of shattered glass. At first I was a little confused - I was in BED - what was glass doing near my bed? Then I remembered - my husband. He has a bad habit of bringing actual glass glasses into the bedroom and leaving them on his nightstand where they are easy prey for our wonderful big kittie.

Now, I am sure you will think what I did at first - the kittie finally got the glass off the nightstand! Nope! My darling knocked the glass off the nightstand by himself while groping for his alarm clock. Why was the glass in the direct path between the bed and the alarm? Good question! Maybe I will ask Hubby when I am not cleaning up glass at 6:00A.M. Or maybe not.

That is right - I cleaned up the glass. This was for two pretty logical reasons. First, unless I wanted Hubby to climb over me to get out of bed - he would have had to walk through glass in his bare feet. I am not THAT mean. Second, without his glasses, Hubby is pretty much blind. Not too good for picking up glass.

As far as breaking glasses goes, Hubby did an excellent job. The glass hit the rail of our Amish made, solid oak bed and disintegrated into tiny little shards, one of which is now making itself at home in my right index finger. I guess I will have to get the duct tape to get it out.

That is the wonderful way I woke up this morning. And after all of that, I almost forgot to make Hubby his lunch! What a morning!

Trisha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried to post a comment earlier but blogger ate it.

Last year we woke up to a big bang. A drunk teenager flipped his car in our next door neighbor's yard well after midnight. We ran out there and were out there for quite some time. We thought our neighbors must have been out of town because they didn't come out or answer the door. No, they were home! The slept through all of it and the car was upside down right under their bedroom window!

So, I am glad it was just a glass of water that woke you up!