Sunday, April 6, 2008

Brand New Blogger!

Hi all!

I decided to expand my technology "kingdom" to include blogging. I am hoping that this site will help spread the word about Spasmodic Dysphonia and help people with SD learn to cope with the disorder.

I am basically going to try to update this blog regularly and just tell you what is going on in my life - which is always influenced by my ABductor Spasmodic Dysphonia. Some days are bound to be boring but, hopefully, other days will be relatively interesting!

Learning To Live With SD is a podcast that I host on Podcastspot.com. I hope that you will check out the podcast also.

If you would like to learn more about Spasmodic Dysphonia you can go to dysphonia.org - the website for the National Spasmodic Dysphonia Association.

As a new blogger I am always open to helpful hints about blogging so - if you have any wonderful hints for me - let me know!

Have a fabulous day!
Trisha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo Trisha! The link did not work from the SD messageboard so I just typed in the address. I am so excited to see what you are going to do with this blog!

Please explain to me how a podcast works... in simple non-technical terms! LOL!

Coffee Bean is my blog name... Kelly Jean AD/SD from the messageboard.

Trisha said...

Coffee Bean-

Thanks for your comment! It makes me feel like at least one person - other than my mother - is reading this blog!

A podcast is like an internet radio show which you can listen to at any time. You can either listen to it online by going to the site or you can download it onto a "podcatching device" like an ipod or a Zune.

To make a podcast all you really need is a microphone (I bought mine at Wal Mart) and recording software. I use the free application called Audacity. After I edit the recording (which is as simple or complicated as you would like to make it) I upload my podcast to podcastspot.com which is a free podcast hosting site (as long as you don't podcast a lot each month). Then, people can listen to the podcasts!

Does that make sense?

Trisha

Anonymous said...

Yes! You make perfect sense. I'll have to listen to them online.

Hopefully, other SD'ers from the messageboard will check out our blogs and then maybe be inspired to start their own!