Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bulletin Board Blues

Hi All!

This is my second post of the day - I know, I know - I spend WAY too much time on this darn computer! It is just so darn addicting!

Anyway, I need to vent a bit. I go to the NSDA bulletin board regularly and I do post replies once in a while when I feel I have something to say - by the way - Coffee Bean's posts are fabulous!

I also post when I update my podcast. For a while I was begging and pleading in those podcast posts for people from the bulletin board to let me know what kind of issues they would like to hear on future podcasts. My answer was crickets! I could actually hear those little buggers chirping while I checked the bulletin board. Okay - so maybe most of the BB people don't "get" the whole podcast thing and don't feel like responding. Fine.

Then I posted about my work worries. Again - crickets. I reply to posts and once in a while get a reply to my reply (a bit of cyclical reasoning there, I think!) but for the most part, crickets. Am I being too agressive in my posts? Too pushy? Do I just not reply enough to earn interest from people???? I am feeling a bit ignored in that area. My insecurities are showing again - let me slip into the ladies room to adjust myself!

Thank goodness I have some wonderful blog friends who let me know I am not alone in the universe! Bless you all!

Trisha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww... I know of that which you speak. Honestly, I spent a lot of time on the BB two years ago when I was coming to grips with my diagnosis. For a time, things moved along slowly but there was enough feedback to keep me going back. Then I got a good result and I didn't need the BB as much and stopped going around every day... which lead to more and more days, then weeks, then months. When I started having trouble again, I ran back to it. I've noticed over the two years that there are some good, faithful people who stick around and answer the newbie's questions. I think because it is mainly just about SD it can get boring (sorry to anyone who reads this that is a regular on the SD BB - no disrespect meant).

I often don't post when I don't think I really have anything to offer. I don't have to work but with kids headed off to college... I am looking into different options. The thought of interviewing makes me nauseous.

Also, the podcast thing... I am so non-technical it isn't funny. I don't learn anything in regard to computers, cameras, cell phones,etc. until I have a need to. I had never listened to a podcast unitl I listened to yours. It might just be that it is something that is new and unfamiliar. I'm sitting here watching the American Idol results show (boring) and trying to think up something I'd like to learn about SD in a podcast... and I can't. I just want to hear that there is a cure and it's on its way to my door.

I don't know if any of that helped. I'm out here! I hear you! I get it!

Anonymous said...

So today I started to think for starting my own internet business and to obtain any affiliate websites I just don't know if it is better to get one myself or obtain any already turnkey websites. I just discovered site
[url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com/Turnkey-Affiliate-Websites.html]website affiliate[/url] and here was some reviews about these sites but I yet haven't made decision what to do. Maybe there some people who have some thoughts for sites reviewed at this website?
http://www.home-businessreviews.com/Turnkey-Affiliate-Websites.html