Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Katherine and More Garage Organization

Hi All!

Well - I finished the cover less book! It is Katherine by Antonia Van-Loon (which just HAS to be a made up name, doesn't it?). This is yet another of Grandma's books. I don't think her pile will ever diminish! I keep reading and reading and the stack doesn't ever seem to get shorter. I wonder if Hubby is replenishing the supply? Nah - he wouldn't know what books to put in the stack! Sadly, he isn't much of a reader!

Anyway - this book is set (wait for it!) in the late 1800's- early 1900's. This time it is a mill town in Massachusetts and a woman who foolishly marries the handsome but very cold mill owner thinking that she will change him into a feeling, loving husband! Ha! How many people have learned over the years that you CAN'T change a man once you marry him? Sure, you might be able to change his clothes by throwing all his old ones away and buying new ones. You might be able to get him to eat more veggies by slipping them into his meals. But real change? I don't think so! By the way - while I have encouraged Hubby to eat more veggies and sometimes resort to camouflage, he vehemently rejects any input I might like to have on his wardrobe - even going as far as disliking everything that I like. It is getting a bit better but . . .

Luckily I love Hubby just the way he is! He is such a wonderful man!

Speaking of Hubby, he told me yesterday that he was considering adding even more of the Gearwall panels to the garage so that he can organize the rest of his stuff! You could have knocked me down with a feather! I had suggested such a radical idea on the day of the initial installation and was met with the protest that it would cost too much money! Last night Hubby even checked the Internet and found out that he can get the panels on sale! Wow! I am getting good at making him think my ideas are his - aren't I? Seriously, I am very proud of him for mulling this over and making plans on his own - I may have originally suggested it but Hubby would never agree to it unless he had thought it through himself and saw the merit of such a suggestion.

Soon I will have more pictures of our organized garage. Of course it might be a while as Hubby will wait to find all of the material on sale - for which I think he is very smart. Those darn panels are expensive!

Voice update - the voice is a bit better today but when I raise the volume too much those darn h,w, and p sounds cut out on me. The volume is more than it has been lately but not "normal." Of course - who wants to be normal? I am still plugging away on the exercises. I have speech this week!

No comments: