Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday Madness

Hi All!

Let me just preface this post by saying that I was up until 2:00 this morning feeling really, really sick. The kind of sickness that rhymes with Korea. Not pleasant. Anyway, due to my lack of sleep and my need to get ready to head "to work," I am a bit . . . "off."

I didn't walk today - another reason I feel "off." I figured that I needed more than four hours of sleep so I got up, took my meds, told Hubby to buy lunch today, and headed back to the Land of Nod.

Skor woke me up about an hour later - checking to see if I was still alive? Wondering why I wasn't up and out of the house? After making sure he had food and cleaning up more water (Apparently, Skor put his string in his water fountain last night. The string has amazing wicking properties which took most of the water out of the fountain and spread it over our kitchen floor! Hubby cleaned most of it up be didn't move the laundry basket full of clothes which was sitting there and that had a BIG puddle under it when I moved it this morning. Fun, fun!), I headed back to Snoozeville.

Another hour later and my alarm went off - telling me that I was supposed to be on the computer IMing with Mom. Well . . . I called her instead. We had a short (for us) conversations during which Mom told me that I would feel better if I "just got up and moved around." Let me say that Mom might not realize just how tired I am. Anyway, after that conversation, I am awake and "up."

So - I am writing my blog. My facebook farm isn't interfering this morning since I spent some quality time with it last night at about midnight or one in the morning. Some of my friends need to go to bed earlier since they were online at that time. I know, I know, I was online but really, were they all sick too?

Last night I got a call from my dear friend, J. I love J. She is in Ohio and she is one of the people I miss most. We do talk on the phone occasionally but not enough. Anyway, J called and at first I thought it was just one of our regular "catching up" phone calls. Until she told me that her husband, L, told her he wanted a divorce! What???

Now, I will be the first to admit that when J and L got married, I didn't see what she saw in him AT ALL, but, divorce? I thought that they were doing so well. Hubby and I have been to their house a number of times and they always seem so . . . well, together. Hubby, however, didn't seem too shocked. I didn't have time to get into why he wasn't that surprised last night but it will be interesting to know.

J isn't doing too well. I feel for her. My heart goes out to her. She is such a wonderful person and to be told by her husband of eleven years that he "never really loved her" has to be horrible. I am praying for J.

After getting off the phone I had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. I had to make sure that Hubby loved me. Luckily, he says he does! Yeah!

Side note: Skor just jumped onto the computer desk the way he does all the time. He always hits the keyboard shelf - you know, the kind that rolls away under the desk top. Anyway, he hit that shelf and it rammed back under the desktop and is now stuck. I believe it came off the track. I just spent about five minutes trying to fix it and totally gave up. I think I will have to have Hubby look at it when he gets home. I pulled the keyboard out and have it on my lap while I am typing for the moment. I wonder if this will be my "fault?"

Oh - now Skor is a little wary of the computer desk. It was a LOUD sound when the shelf rammed back and he got scared. He won't even come in the room now! Poor kitty!

Have I mentioned that I love buying songs on iTunes? It is so fast and easy. True, you don't get an actual CD to hold in your hand and you don't get the neat liner notes but . . . still fast, easy, and fun! Most of the songs are about 99 cents. However, I just looked up some Rob Thomas songs (I heard him on my Ellen in a Minute podcast and like his style.) and HIS songs are $1.29. What? Are his songs that much better that they need to be another 30-odd cents? I am trying to decide if I liked his song well enough to actually shell out the money or if I am going to refuse on principle. What do you think?

I guess that is enough rambling for today. I should go and try to find something to eat for lunch which will help my poor, abused tummy and then I need to figure out what to wear to "work." Isn't it just like the world to "throw" me some work when I just got rid of most of my "work" clothes?

Such is life.

Trisha

Voice Update: Doing well. I seem to have recovered from the cheering on the fourth and my voice is sounding good. Still a bit of crunchiness in my neck but I will have to work on that.

P.S. What is up with the spell check feature on Blogger? It is now telling me that words are mispelled and then wants me to replace the spelling with the EXACT SAME SPELLING? Is it just bored? This is a bit nuts!

3 comments:

noble pig said...

Oh how I despise the Korea rhyming illness...look at the bright side...maybe you lost a pound?

Chris H said...

How terribly sad for your friend, and what a dreadful thing for her husband to say... that he never loved her! He could have just said he wanted a divorce instead of ripping her heart out too. WHAT A SHIT.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the Korea. Ugh. And how sad for your friend.
The Old Goat is playing the farm on FaceBook, I am still stuck on Bejeweled!

Here's hoping you feel better today!