Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sleepy Sunday

Hi All!

Well, I am on the computer and Hubby is still napping. That is what I like about Sundays, you can nap once in a while! Of course, we still have to mow the back yard and weed-whack it. That won't be fun in the Texas heat!

I have been sleeping a bit better lately and I am convinced it is because of my blanket. Okay - it is too hot here to sleep under a blanket but, I have this satin blanket that my mother made for me when I was in high school - or college (I can't remember when exactly!). It is twin sized and is pink. Perfect!

When I was little I loved my blankie with the satin edging on it. I would rub that satin as I fell asleep. Now I have my satin blanket in bed with me and I rub that satin as I fall asleep. It seems to work well. I wonder if it is childhood memories helping me sleep or long forgotten conditioning. Whatever it is I seem to be sleeping better. Odd, huh?


This is a picture of my pink satin blanket with my beloved Q-Tip. See - even he loved the thing.

Thanks for making it for me, Mom!

Trisha

Voice Update: Well, I haven't actually talked too much yet today but I think things are going well. I didn't do many exercises yesterday (okay - I didn't do ANY) because I was just plain lazy. I am enthralled in my Harry Potter books. I promise I will get back to those darn things today. Well . . . maybe tomorrow!

3 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Ahhh. Have a wonderfully cool day....

Anonymous said...

I can't sleep without a blanket, so I blast the a/c and get under them!

Anonymous said...

I have to sleep with a blanket. All that conditioning from being raised in Alaska! Satin blankets rock!