Thursday, July 24, 2008

An Award and Speech Update

Hi All!

Look at this nice shiny award I got from Asthma Girl! Isnt' it nice? It is my second award and I am thrilled. Of course it has taken me a while to get it on my blog . . . I am slow that way!

The rules for this are as follows:
1. Put the logo on your blog.

2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Nominate at least seven other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.

I do have to say that SEVEN is a lot of people! Hmmmmmm. Let me think. I think I will nominate these people:

1. Coffee Bean
2. MUD
3. Sara
4. Noble Pig
5. Woman in the Window
6. Diet Coke Rocks
7. April's Reign


Okay - speech update. I had speech yesterday and my therapist was beside herself with how good my voice was doing. All of that exercising with my friend the timer has really paid off! Also, my larynx was looser than it has ever been - thanks to all of that massaging! YEAH ME!

I did talk to her about my continuing problems with those darn unvoiced consonants and she gave me some exercises to do which will hopefully help. It is sort of tricking my vocal chords into saying the sounds by letting them think we are skipping the sounds and moving on with the rest of the words.

Confusing? That is what I thought when I first heard what I was supposed to do. Here is the basic plan. Take a word like "heave." Instead of trying to start off with that vexing "h" sound - I try to start off saying "eave" first and then sort of sneak that "h" onto the front. It isn't too easy for me right now but I am working on it. I have a list of words to practice. Fun, fun! MORE stuff to practice! Oh well, it will all help me in the end, right?

Oh - did I mention that my therapist offerred me a part time, temporary job doing some medical billing for her? I have never done that before but am willing to give it a go. It will only be one or two days a week and hopefully not for long (okay - I will explain that in a minute). I think it will be nice to get out of the house and earn a little money!

The explanation - the real secretary/receptionist who normally does the billing is in the hospital. She is a wonderful woman who happens to share my birthday. They had to operate to take a mass out of her lung and it may or may not be cancerous. I am hoping for the non so that she will be back to work in just a bit which would end my temporary job.

Such complicated reasoning!

Trisha

Voice Update: See the post above - I won't bore you by repeating!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, thanks Trisha!

MUD said...

I would share my voice with you if I could. I have used it over and over and there are probably people out there that would rather not hear my second hand stories any more. Just this morning my wife stopped me from telling her for the hundredth time about the pancakes I at right out side of the main gate at Fort Sill, OK. Thanks for the kind words. MUD

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet! Thanks.

April said...

Trisha! Thank you so much, what an honor.

Chris H said...

thanks for the award chick.... I have been given this one twice this week, you and Sue.... I am honoured and will get it on me blog asap.... just need to unpack first!

Woman in a Window said...

OK, first things first. I came here right away after reading your note at my place and then BAAA, my internet has been goofy. I've been going around for days reading and reading and have only been allowed to periodically comment.

So, Sunday morning, SUCCESS. Here I am to say a heartfelt thank you. An award is always so affirming. I don't post if I get them 'cause I feel a little funny. Like a middle aged mom walking through the grocery store with a tiara on...but truly appreciated! Thanks!
erin