Saturday, July 19, 2008

Is It Just Me?

Hi All!

I have an iPod and I am absolutely addicted to it. I love listening to podcasts - who knew that there were so many people out there making so many interesting podcasts? I love that all my music is in one tiny little storage device just waiting for me to listen to it. The ipod lets me easily find specific songs that I want to listen to or I can set the thing to "shuffle songs" and listen to a nice mix of everything. dd


The addition of a nifty set of speakers lets me listen to my music without earbuds. Surprisingly, this little system (which also charges the iPod) is very powerful and when I am home alone I crank the volume to hear it throughout the house.
ss
But I digress.
ss
What I really wanted to talk about today was using the iPod the way it was originally meant to be used - with the earbuds. These little things are neat - they just pop right into your ear and are pretty unobtrusive. I have even been known to fall asleep with them in while listening to my relaxing rain or ocean wave tracks.
ss
These earbuds are marked with an L and a R for left and right. Being the kind of person I am, I HAVE to put the correct earbud into the correct ear. I mean, who knows, it might really affect the quality of what I hear! However, it never fails that when I get those little things in my hands I have the left earbud in my right hand and the right earbud in my left hand. Every time! You would think that once in a while they would end up in the correct hands, wouldn't you? This drives me nuts!
ss
I spend about a minute or two untangling the earbud wires because they ALWAYS get tangled (unless I take the time to put them away in the neat case I made with the place to wind the cord). Then, I look at the earbuds and they are in the wrong hands. It is so annoying.
ss
Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?
ss
Trisha
ss
Voice Update: Yesterday I met my brother and sister-in-law and their kiddos for lunch and my voice was very good. They hadn't heard me in person since last October so they were impressed. They could still hear little "misses" once in a while but on the whole they said that it almost sounded like I had a normal voice! I did my exercises like a good girl yesterday ( have I mentioned that I "Love" my timer????) and it seems to be paying off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny, my don't have a L or R orientation so I can't say.

Flea said...

I don't have an iPod, so I can't say. :)

My husband has been listening to Andy Stanley and John Eldredge on his iPod lately and loving it.