Monday, July 21, 2008

Random Thoughts

Hi All!

Just some random thoughts today. It seems like my mind is running too fast to settle on one topic so . . . here we go!

Speaking of minds running too fast - my mind is ALWAYS going. I don't think I have ever spent any time just "vegging" with my mind blank. I talked to my brother the other day and he told me that he has moments where he just totally zones out and his mind is blank. I zone out - but I am always thinking of something. Just not what I should be thinking of at the time.

Am I the only one who never has a "blank" moment? Is it normal to have times when you are just not thinking or is it normal to think ALL THE TIME?

iPod earbud wires - why hasn't someone figured out a good way to control these little beasties? I have seen several products - and even bought one - but it seems like they don't work well enough or they kink the wires or I just don't use them. I HATE finding my earbud wires in a big tangle and I find them that way ALL the time. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Grocery shopping - I have a love/hate relationship with this particular task. In some odd way I feel like grocery shopping is an accomplishment. I have gotten nutrition (okay - maybe not the BEST nutrition but nutrition none the less) for myself and for Hubby. We will survive for another week. However, I also hate grocery shopping. Passionately. There is nothing stimulating about pushing a wobbly-wheeled cart through a store full of people who stop in the middle of the aisles blocking the way with their cart and then who get angry when you push their cart aside enough to squeeze by. I hate walking by the dairy department and freezing. I hate leaving the air conditioned store to walk to my car in the Texan heat and then unloading the groceries at home in the same heat.

I am reading my way through the Harry Potter series again - I am on the fifth book. Is it just me or does Harry start getting a really dark attitude in this book? He seems angry a lot and the whole "mood" of the book gets darker. I suppose it could be a reflection of his getting older and hitting the whole teen angst thing but . . . do you think J.K. Rowling might have been in a darker mood herself?

AND - what is up with the thickness of the books? They get thicker as the series progresses. The first book is pretty slim comparatively speaking. Do the books get thicker as people get more interested in the story? Did she start out rather timidly and then, when she saw that people liked the first book, let her imagination run wild?

Is slightly bigger text better for posting my blogs?

Does anyone care if I finish the Mission Migraine story?


Why does Blogger insist on messing up my spacing in my blogs? Whenever I add a picture after I have already started typing I suddenly get HUGE spaces between paragraphs! What is up with that?



Does anyone want to buy these wheels for an Acura car which are cluttering up my garage?

Trisha

Voice Update: It is rockin' and rollin' right now. My voice sounds good. I am back in the swing with the timer and the exercises. I "love" those things (not really!)! I am massaging my heart out - and I have used my percussion massager to relieve tension in my neck and shoulders. What a great invention.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blank thoughts...never...i wish becuase then I think I could catch up...so frustrating because I feel I am always just rolling on to the next latest and greatest thing...which is probably why we blog!

Anonymous said...

I have a hard time working because my thoughts are so busy and somewhat chaotic! So I understand! Funny though, when I sit down to make a list sometimes I go blank!

Those look exactly like my Acrua wheels!

Karen said...

Grocery shopping is one of those things that I could take or leave. Except for the whole we wouldn't have food part.

And my mind rarely stops. I think it's a woman thing.

Anonymous said...

Love the bigger text. Now that my eyes are acting 40-something-ish I always appreciate larger type.

Anonymous said...

PS~ Do stop by, I have something for you!