Friday, July 18, 2008

Eleven Years and Counting . . .

Hi All!

Today is a special day in the life of Hubby and me (okay - I have been pondering this for a while - is that grammatically correct?). It is our eleventh anniversary! While it seems like just yesterday we were in this beautiful church getting married -on the hottest day of the year in an area where most churches are not air conditioned - and now, here we are eleven years later.

Isn't the church beautiful? I love the screen up front which depicts Jesus and the four apostles. It is hard to see in this picture but I have spent many sermons pondering the beauty of that screen. The choir normally sat behind the screen which is where the organ is located. This is a real pipe organ with the pipes behind the screens to the left and right of the screen.

Here we are fresh from our vows. Don't we look happy? I loved those flowers - they reminded me of spring.
This is at the reception where Hubby and I got silly stringed by our wedding party. They very prudently blew out all the candles on the table before attacking. Wasn't that nice? I had that stuff down my dress and in my mouth - it doesn't taste too good! That is my husband's brother-in-law and niece trying to untangle us.

Memories. They are so great! Luckily, the present is pretty wonderful too!

Trisha

Voice Update: Well, my timer went off just as I started writing this so I am "eeeing" my little heart out! Massage is up next. What fun. However, it does seem to be paying off. My voice is stronger than it was last weekend during the migraine fun and I only miss the occasional unvoiced consonant sound. I must admit that I turn the timer off after dinner - I just can't face any more exercises by that time of day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I love the pic with all the confetti stuff! Happy Day to you!

Flea said...

I was silly stringed at my wedding too! What fun! And your bouquet was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

oooh! I am so behind on reading your blog! Happy Belated Anniversary! What a beautiful wedding! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! It is so nice to see you are just as happy now! Congrats!