Monday, August 16, 2010

Passing the Time . . .

Hi All!

Blogger is being weird about letting me on the darn site. I moderate a comment and then can't do anything else without having to log in again. What is up with that? I guess it is better than not letting me on at all - which was happening last week!

This weekend was nice for me. I had lunch with Beth - a good friend from ASL/Interpreting classes. She is such fun to talk to and to discuss philosophical issues with!

When I got home I took a nap - nice!

On Sunday Hubby and I made a trip to Wal Mart (he didn't have any lunch meat for today and that would have been disastrous had we not gotten some right away!!). While there we were talking about the emails which show "Wal Mart People" - funny people seen at Wal Mart (we saw our share!) and commented that we probably fit right in!

Now that is scary!

Other than the lunch and the trip to Wal Mart, my weekend was quiet. I am still waiting to find out if the two classes I signed up for this semester will actually be happening (they might not due to low registration). I read a good book (actually two books in one) by Debbie Macomber - Country Brides. It was a nice, fast paced book just fluffy enough to be deemed summer reading. I also listened to some more of the podcast book I am listening to currently.

Shadowmagic By John Lenahan is a podcast book (a book written and then "published" as a podcast with the author reading the book) about a parallel world populated by elves, imps, banshees, and leprechauns. A young man, Connor, finds himself thrust into this world and has to deal not only with the oddities of the world but also the fact that many people are trying to kill him. Just because he happens to be the son of the one handed prince!

If you are into podcasts, check out Shadowmagic!

Skor had a good time at the "Kitty Entertainment Center" watching the birds this weekend. Of course, his "friend" the squirrel came to play too!



Poor Skor! So close and unable to touch!
fgh
Have a wonderful Monday!
sfgh
Trisha
sdh
Voice Update: I am pleased that I don't have too many hesitations or breaks lately. I must admit that in the past couple of days I haven't been doing my best on the whole massage aspect and the exercises but I have been diligent about reading out loud. Yes, I know that I SHOULD be more regular with the massage and exercises but . . . it is so easy to forget about having ABSD when my voice is doing well. The same trap that I fall in from time to time. *sigh*

1 comment:

Mental P Mama said...

Love the cat entertainment center!