Saturday, August 14, 2010

New Shoes and What's Up With Blogger?

Hi All!

Here are pictures of my new Croc flats. They look like brushed suede but are really all plastic/rubber. The insides have the normal Croc insoles and they are really cushy. I think they will be perfect for standing on my feet interpreting!



I think that the lighter brown strip on the heels adds a nice touch!
dfg
The only problem I have seen so far is that the textured plastic collects cat hair! *sigh* Another thing to use the lint roller on!!!
dfg
Okay - if you use Blogger I have a question for you. Have you had a difficult time logging on lately? I log in and get sent right back to the log in page! Everything is right - the user name and password - but it won't log me in.
fg
I couldn't get in at all yesterday!
dfg
Today I had to try to get in three or four different times and then finally went to my blog site and logged in from there. Frustrating!
dfg
Currently, I am reading Summer's Child by Luanne Rice. It is very good and I would rather read it than do much else. However, I do force myself to do things like clean, cook, wash dishes, etc.
dfg
This book is about a woman who has been missing - presumed murdered - for nine years. A retired detective is still bothered by the case and keeps following any new leads which come up even though they are few and far between. The missing woman's grandmother - who raised her - still lives in the same house and is privately grieving the loss of her grandchild and great-grandchild (the woman was pregnant when she disappeared).
dfg
Then there is the small community of Cape Hawk in Eastern Canada. A new woman and her daughter moves in and the daughter immediately makes friends with Rose - another nine year old girl. Rose has severe heart problems which have needed multiple surgeries in her short life and one more "final" surgery looms in the near future.
dfg
Interestingly, both the new woman in town and Rose's mother have a shared past. They have both left abusive husbands and came to Cape Hawk to hide out and start again.
dfg
Things get more interesting as the retired detective starts following a lead which might take him right to Cape Hawk and to these two women.
dfg
I am getting close to the end of this book and can hardly wait to find out what happens!
dfg
I would say that if you see this book hanging out in your local shop - snatch it up for a nice, addicting, quick, read.
dfg
Trisha
dfg
Voice Update: Well, I am now done with the Song of Songs and moving on. The Bible really is interesting, isn't it? My voice is holding its own with few hesitations, etc. My throat is a bit crunchy but that tends to happen when I wait so long between visits to Susan!

1 comment:

Chris H said...

Those crocs look so neat!
We do not have them here at all!, just the normal crocs, which I don't like!