Friday, August 20, 2010

Cranky C. McCrankister

Hi All!

It has been a day or so since I posted. That is mostly due to the fact that I have been C.R.A.N.K.Y. So cranky in fact that I think it was making my stomach upset yesterday. So cranky that I didn't want to interact with anyone - even by blog! So cranky that I just hid in my bed for most of the day. I didn't even go swimming.

Cranky!

Today I don't feel quite as cranky. In fact, I woke up feeling pretty darn good. Until I figured out that I didn't have time to water my flowers. That brought back a bit of the crank. However, I am trying hard to fend off another attack of cranky. Wish me luck!

WHY was I cranky?

Well, there are just so many reasons that I came up with which could possibly be the cause.

First, I have been having this weird gas attack lately. I had one a while back - the gas makes my chest hurt (right side) and then I take a Gas X and things get better. However, this time it was compounded by the fact that I saw a commercial about one of the medications I am on causing heart problems. Naturally, I immediately began to wonder if the gas was really heart issues!

That led me to consider going to the doctor to find out if my heart is okay. However, I don't really like my general doc too much and I don't want to go to him to find out that it is only gas. Also - I don't have pain when I swim or walk which - I would think I would if it was my heart, right??

I am so good an justifying everything. Anyway - I don't have pain in my chest (right side) anymore. So the problem is moot until the next time . . .

Another possible reason for the cranks is that I signed up for TWO classes this semester but only ONE of them is actually going to happen. That means that I will have at least another semester of school in my future. It seems like this is the never ending education!

Don't get me wrong - I am all about life-long learning but . . . this is just getting ridiculous! I am READY for the formal stuff to be over with!

Yet another possible reason (a real long shot) for the cause of the cranks is that school is starting Monday here. Now, it has been a couple of years since I stopped teaching and, to tell the truth, I am sort of glad that I am not teaching anymore. However, there is something about the whole "going back to school" thing which sort of tugs at my heart. I really, really, really love teaching and I am very good at it. *sigh*

Still another possible reason is that it is still HOT, HOT, HOT here with absolutely NO RAIN! I got a message on Facebook from a friend who lives in the same city - she said it rained at HER place. Not so much as one drop at mine! Not. One. Drop! I even watered my flowers hoping to lure in the rain!

It seems like the rain constantly goes around my house. In fact, yesterday Hubby came home and said that he drove through rain to get home from work. DROVE THROUGH RAIN! Of course, the rain stopped before he made it to our house! We must have some sort of rain-proof force field around our house!

So it is back to watering.

Are those enough reasons to be cranky????

Like I said - today I don't feel nearly as cranky so hopefully, it will be a better day.

sdg
Hope you have a happy day!
dg
Trisha
sfg
Voice Update: Still doing well. Enough said.

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Hee hee... you sound a bit like me sometimes! I get cranky too... some days one thing just sets me off and it does not get any better all day.
I hope you are over your crankyness now!

Mental P Mama said...

You have my permission. But it won't last long. That's my diagnosis.