Saturday, September 3, 2011

So . . .

Hi All!

This week has been a bit crazy with classes, going out on observations, and, of course, the eye infection.

Hopefully, things will settle down a bit soon.

Well, I know it will be at least another week of eye drops since I went to the eye doctor again yesterday and learned that the infection, which had been in my left eye, is now in my right eye!

Wonderful!

Now I get to put drops in that eye plus the left eye (to try to keep the infection from going BACK there!).

Yee-haw, what fun!

As you may remember, classes last semester got a bit complicated due to conflicts between students, students and teachers, etc. Well, friends, I was hoping that this semester would be much different but . . . we have already had a misunderstanding about something the teacher said in class. This resulted in the teacher being called a racists and a bigot (not in class but apparently via email or phone and to the higher-ups at the college)!

Really?

I mean . . . really?????

How frustrating.

We then had to have a fifteen minute conversation about the intent of the teacher's comments and how they weren't meant to offend, merely to illustrate - which most of us understood the first time around.

I think I am getting too old for this.

Trisha

Voice Update: Doing well but for the past couple of days my neck has been hurting - the muscles, not the larynx. I don't know if it is how I am sleeping or the stress of the infection, classes, observations, etc. It seems like it is always something!

1 comment:

Mental P Mama said...

Good grief. Just, good grief.