Thursday, September 8, 2011

A New Doctor - the "Try-out!"

Hi All!

After my rather recent "go-round" with my old general practitioner, I decided to find another, more sympathetic, doctor. Then I proceeded to procrastinate a bit (just a month or so!). However, I FINALLY tried out a new doctor yesterday.

This doctor was recommended to me by my endocrinologist (whom I adore) and so I felt good about trying her out. True, I can't quite pronounce her name (Indian maybe?) but, the first appointment seemed to go well.

The doctor took the time to sit down and talk with me. She even took notes about different things in my medical history (like the whole SD thing - she had never heard of SD so I did a bit of educating!). She asked questions and then actually listened to my responses. We ended up changing my meds a bit (the same meds that the other doctor was playing with). Hopefully, the change will go well.

Hubby is already anxious about the med change. We discussed it last night (and he read the package insert from the new meds) and he wanted to know what we would do if the new med turned me into a zombie. I guess he didn't enjoy that period of time! Gee - I wonder why?

Keep your fingers crossed that this doctor and this medicine work out for me. I REALLY don't want to have to keep trying to find another doctor!

In other news, today is the third day in a row that I went out walking. It was very nice out - a cool 68 degrees - and listening to my podcasts and walking just felt so right. Except for my shins which were feeling a bit "shin-splinty," of course.

Next week the "normal" Texas weather is supposed to return. That means temperatures in the 100s again. Lovely.

I guess I should enjoy the cool weather while I can!

Trisha

Voice Update: Still hanging in there. Another couple of weeks until my next speech appointment so I hope things continue as well as they have been lately.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Here's hoping the new doctor will help you with the correct doses of meds!
Buster sends a big lick and his best wishes.

Diane said...

New doctors are always a challenge. I continue to drive 30 miles to see my lung guy because I don't want to go through the process of educating another lung guy!

I hope this new doctor works for you. Enjoy your cool temps!

Mental P Mama said...

LOL...my doctor has a very long Indian name as well. We all just call her Dr. V. She is awesome!

Chris H said...

I hope the new doctor and meds works out.
Shin Splits... ooo I've had them and they stopped me in my tracks.