Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Lazy Day

Hi All!

Well, I am still not feeling 100% but I am getting better. That is GOOD news!

Yesterday was a lazy day for me - I totally enjoyed it! I did my morning walk, chatted with Mom on IM, and then took a nice nap. I got up, showered, dressed, and finished reading a book that I had started a couple days ago. I had every intention of finishing it in time to stick it into the package we sent to my parents - I think my dad would like it - but . . . that didn't happen. I played the piano and washed a MOUNTAIN of dishes (which still need to be put away!).

I watched a Christmas special on TV - well, I had recorded it so it wasn't "live." It was a disappointment. I know these specials tend to be sappy but this one was just bad.

I know that when my mother reads this post and sees what I did she will be upset that I didn't "get out." However - I had an excuse. My car wouldn't start! Apparently, Hubby didn't get the tailgate completely closed and the battery wore down. Hence - no starting!

Luckily, I didn't have anywhere important to go - unlike today when I am planning on going to work!

Hubby and I managed to start my car by jumping it with his car last night. That was the first time I have ever been involved in jump starting a car and luckily, nothing blew up!

Last night I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood to take in the Christmas lights. There are a lot of people who have really done a good job with their lights this year. Several homes have their lights set to music which you can listen to on the radio while you watch their show. When did this get so popular? I must have missed the memo on that one. It is neat to watch though. I was particularly impressed by the house whose entire front yard was covered in lights under a blanket of "snow." The snow was batting since we don't actually get much snow here during the winter. I just kept thinking - "that had to have cost them a lot of money to get that much batting!" It looked like real snow from a distance. Impressive.

If you get a chance - head out to look at the lights in your neighborhood. When you walk you certainly get a totally different perspective than when you zip by in the car!

Trisha

Voice Update: Still doing really well. Knock on wood and keep your fingers crossed for me!

3 comments:

Chris H said...

I have seen very few lights in our neighbourhood. Sadly.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family!

Mental P Mama said...

I would hardly call that a lazy day!

imbeingheldhostage said...

wow, so many things have changed since we left the states-- I can't wait to experience the lights and radio thing. You take it easy and get better, no guilt, you deserve some laziness at Christmas :-)