Thursday, December 10, 2009

Is This More Exciting?

Hi All!

Well - today is another day without work or school! I hardly know what to do with myself! Unfortunately, it is another COLD day in Texas! It was only 24 degrees when I got up this morning! Yesterday it only got up to about 36 degrees! What is going on? This is TEXAS!

Besides the cold temperature, things are pretty normal. I am getting ready to head out to the post office to return the earbuds from ifrogz which hurt my ears and then to the grocery store. Doesn't that sound like fun?? I must admit that I am not too excited about the whole proposition but . . . you gotta do what you gotta do!

Speech went well yesterday. While waiting in the waiting room (acting like a patient instead of a member of the staff!), I met a woman who I have talked to many times on the phone in my role as the "staff." She and her husband - who has SD - drive from Houston to see Susan every couple of months. Her husband has ADSD - the more common type - and has been in a research study or two about SD. He also has a twin brother who (hold onto your hats for this one) also has ADSD!

The brother lives in Virginia and actually flies into Texas just to see Susan! Talk about dedication to a speech therapist.

Cat update: Skor is sprawled on the desk trying to chew the calculator. Wait - he has moved on to the envelopes. And is now sitting on the desk with his tail whacking my hands as I type. He seems to want attention - what do you think. Okay - now he is actually settling down . . . .possibly! He is eyeing the phone cord though!

Okay - back to business (as Skor bats my jump drive around the desk).

Now, what was I saying? Oh, right. Speech. It was fun talking to this woman about her experiences with a husband who has SD.

The actual speech appointment wasn't too bad either. Susan didn't think my throat was nearly as crunchy as I thought it would be. She did massage but nothing too painful and my neck doesn't even hurt today! YEAH! I was told to do some more inhale and to get back on my exercise schedule! I think I can handle that.

Susan and I talked a little about Linda - who was working when I got there. She didn't seem to have much energy and I am worried about how thin she has gotten! I am still praying!

After speech I headed to Domino's for a pasta bowl - my favorite treat - and to Big Lots to see if they had any Christmas flags. I was disappointed on both fronts. The pasta bowl was good but the inside of the bowl wasn't completely cooked and was pretty gummy. Big Lots didn't have any flags. Boo on them!

I came home and finished reading a book by Susan Wiggs - it was very good. I will tell you about it when I get around to doing another book post.

Well, that was my day. I am not too sure if it was any more exciting than what I wrote yesterday but . . . hey - it was interesting.

I am off to the post office and store now!

Have a super Thursday!

Trisha

Voice Update: Doing well but I need to get those exercises into my routine again!

No comments: