Thursday, December 17, 2009

Issues

Hi All!

Some of you might have noticed that I skipped a day of posting yesterday. Well, that is because I am having some "issues." In addition, I have been working since Linda has been in the hospital (she is out now and is doing well - thankfully!) and that means I have been trying to get out of the house early so I can get home earlier than 7:00 P.M.

What? You want to know what "issues" I have? Well - one of them is furry and has four legs. His name is Skor and he seems bound and determined to keep me from getting an uninterrupted night's sleep. For the past three nights someone (I am blaming Hubby here) has forgotten to put up Skor's favorite "fishing pole" toy and Skor has thoughtfully brought it to me at aproximately 2:00 A.M. each night/morning.

Of course, just bringing the toy to me isn't enough for Skor! No, he has to make sure that I am awake enough to "enjoy" his toy with him and - he always hopes - to play with him. Well, I can't avoid the awake part - a cat's wet, cold nose in your ear tends to shock you awake no matter how deeply you are sleeping - but I do resist the urge to play with the toy. Much to Skor's dismay - which he conveys with headbutts and meows for quite a while before moving on to fighting with Miss Cleo who is sleeping at my feet. It is wonderful (that last statement is dripping with sarcasm, by the way!).

So - that is one issue.

Another issue is work. Now, I enjoy working with my bosses and the work isn't hard but there are some frustrations there. That is all I will say about that on the blog since I never know who is reading it!

Luckily, my voice isn't an issue right now. It is doing well and seems to be holding its own. I did talk to a man yesterday who told me that his SD "went away - practically" for about five years and then came back with a vengence. That has a me a little worried. I don't want my SD to come back. Especially not with a vengence! I guess I will continue with my therapy and hope (and pray) that won't happen!! Yikes!

That is all for today since it is about time for me to hop in the shower to get ready for work!

I hope you all are having a wonderful week so far!

Trisha

Voice Update: I pretty much said it all above.

2 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Are you sure Skor isn't a puppy in disguise? I am glad you are feeling well....Ho Ho Ho!

Chris H said...

Skor is a naughty boy! I still don't get why you don't lock him out of your room so you can sleep!