Friday, October 15, 2010

Skor and Halloween Decor

Hi All!

Well, it has been a busy couple of days around here - observation wise! I still don't know how in the world I will ever reach 200 hours of observation. Right now I have 73 or so and that is close to the most anyone in class has . . . . eeks!!!

The observations are priceless though. Learning the different kinds of things American Sign Language Interpreters face in their jobs is something that will certainly help me in the future!

Beyond observations I have managed to do a little cleaning around the house, some shopping (grocery and two pair of shoes I will show you next time), and some decorating for Halloween.

But first - check out what Skor was just doing.
I heard some "scooting" sounds from the kitchen, went out and found this! Skor was in the process of taking apart the water fountain!

sdghadh

Besides taking it apart he had managed to scoot the fountain into the middle of the floor - normally it goes beside the bowls against the back of the refrigerator!

sdfjhsfj

When I got out to the kitchen - Skor just sat there looking mildly guilty!

dfgjsfj

What a cat!

Up next is my Halloween decorating and this, my friends. . . is pretty much it!

sfhksfhk

Oh - I did put up a Halloween flag too but don't have a picture of it!

sfjsfj

Anyway - Bones here is so much fun - he is steel colored and when the wind blows his arms and legs . . . . he sounds like wind chimes!

And then there is this lovely spider in his/her web!

zsfjsfj

Here the spider is pretty curled up - he/she saw me and curled right up. The web is something amazing to see - it is at least two feet across and two feet long. It is attached on the top corners to our tree and a neighbor's tree and the lower corners are attached to the ground!

dfjdfj

In fact, the way I saw this spider in the first place is that I almost ran into it! The spider is about eye-height to me (for the picture I tried a different angle to get a good short of the spider) so imagine my surprise when I came "face-to-face" with this!

sfjsfj

I decided that the spider and the web were good Halloween decorations for my yard and best of all - they are free!

dfhkjsfhk

****Editor's note - the picture of the spider is several days old. This morning, when I went to water the plants in the front, the web was still there but the spider is MIA. From the hole in the middle of the web I would say that something got it. Rats!


Back to Skor. Hubby just had to take a picture of the kitty sleeping under the rocking chair last night!

sfjsdfgj

It never ceases to amaze me. Such a little bugger and he looks so innocent when he is sleeping!

sfjsfj

That is about it from here for now. I am going to call and see if I can get some observation jobs for this weekend and Monday!

sfjsfj

Have a super weekend!

sfjsfjsfj

Trisha

sfjsfj

Voice Update: My voice is doing well. I am still on track with my exercises AND my massage! Yeah! I am quite proud of my efforts (even though I am sure Susan would like me to do even more!) despite the fact that I haven't gotten back into my oral reading. I think my voice would benefit from that so . . . that is my next goal - get back to the Bible. Besides, I need to know how the thing turns out, right??

No comments: