Saturday, October 23, 2010

De Feet

Hi All!

I searched and searched for a picture to add to today's post but . . . no luck so . . . you are just going to have to settle for the typed word today!

De feet. For years I have had problems with "de feet." What kind of problems? Well, let me tell you!

For as long as I can remember my heels have caused me problems. They get extremely dry and crack. Sometimes those cracks can get so deep that they bleed and hurt really, really bad! When the cracks are really bad, it hurts to walk!

I have tried all kinds of different lotions and creams to remedy this situation. Udder cream. Crack cream (yes, they do have such a thing!). Vaseline. Various hand lotions. Specialized heel creams from specialized foot magazines (yes, they do have such a thing as those too!). Nothing really works for too long.

The best I have found is the special cream from the foot magazine (Foot Smart, I believe). I even bought the special "socks" which have a gel insert in the heel and are toe less. These socks can be worn overnight without the fear of getting "goop" all over the sheets while I sleep. They actually work pretty well. IF you remember to apply the cream pretty much EVERY night.

Perfect solution, right?

Well- I guess it would be if you were the kind of person who can actually remember to do that every single night. AND if you didn't mind wearing the "socks" every night even though your feet get really hot during the night with them on.

Needless to say, I don't put the cream on my heels faithfully. Sometimes I simply forget and other times . . . I just don't want something on my feet while I am sleeping because my feet get too hot. (I know, I know! Excuses, excuses!)

Well, let me tell you - I am currently paying the price for my "forgetfulness!"

Yesterday my left heel (which is somehow always the worst of the two) was so painful that it was tough to walk without wincing. There is a crack right in the center of my heel which is deep and nasty. **sigh**

So - last night - after whining a little bit about my heel hurting - I got out the cream and the sock and slathered away. I still have the socks on as I am typing this - hoping that some more soothing moisture seeps in during this time. It will take at least another two or three nights before the heel in questions softens up enough to quit bothering me.

Such troubles I have!

Do you have any "magic" solutions?

Trisha

Voice Update: Doing well, doing well! I was massaging away this morning and I think I am managing to keep my throat pretty loose. We will see what happens in the next few weeks until I see Susan again. Six weeks is a long time between appointments!

2 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Ouch. I think that I shall go put some cream on my feet!

Chris H said...

Stew gets cracked heels sometimes too... he used some sort of heel cream... hold on.. he's looking for it so I can tell you what it is..... right.. he can't find it... or remember the name. *sigh*


I set my phone to ring an alarm every night so I remember to take my pill for hot flushes... perhaps you should do something like that too to remind yourself to put on the cream???