Friday, January 30, 2009

If It Isn't One Thing . . .

Hi All!

Sorry I missed you yesterday but I had a killer migraine and since I also had classes all afternoon, I decided to sleep instead of blog. Luckily, the headache pretty much went away by the third class. The first two were a bit difficult but . . . I survived.

By the way, did you know it is tough to concentrate on sign language when your head hurts?

I am very glad that our hot water tank is now installed and functional. There are still issues with just how warm the water gets but I think that is just because we need to set the heat a bit higher. Hopefully. We will see.

That is one thing that is fixed. However, there is something else that is "hay-wire." Our telephone.

First of all, I should explain that we are old-fashioned. We don't have cell phones. Okay, that isn't exactly true but, we only have cell phones that are pre-paid and no one has our numbers since we only call each other. Also, the phones are not generally on unless we have prearranged it with each other. Is that as clear as mud now?

Okay - so, our phone isn't working. Apparently the ice storm we had here knocked out the line or something. The phone hasn't worked since Tuesday. The phone company says it won't be fixed until tomorrow, at the earliest. What a bummer!

If there was a real emergency, we can use our pre-paid cell phones to call someone but . . . how annoying!

Oh well! If it isn't one thing, it is another!

Trisha

Voice Update: Still doing well. I got the chance to explain SD to some new people yesterday at the college - which reminds me, I need to put more cards in my purse! I didn't do my exercises yesterday since I was asleep pretty much all day and when I wasn't I was still in pain. Not much of an excuse, is it?

4 comments:

Flea said...

I'm so sorry about your migraine. Those are the worst. Ever. But glad it's gone away. Mine like to linger and taunt me. :(

Hope the phones are fixed in short order. Until then, enjoy the peace and quiet!

Mental P Mama said...

Isn't technology wonderful? You could kill some time, say, taking pictures of your closet;)

Chris H said...

Oh bummer about the headache mate. And cell phones are WONDERFUL! You never have to worry about being out of touch again! You can use yours while the normal phone lines are down even!

Anonymous said...

So sorry you had that headache. Those are miserable.

And the phone thing.... I'd be thrilled if ours didn't work for a couple days!