Friday, January 2, 2009

Back Home and Busy, Busy, Busy!

Hi All!

Hubby and I are safely back home in Texas and we are enjoying the warmer temperatures. It was just too cold for us up in Ohio!

We got in last night and had to immediately take care of the kitties - once they decided they knew who we were and would actually let us near them. It seems, from the notes that our cat sitter left us, that Skor was a little terror. Just as we predicted! Apparently he was really into knocking plants off the plant stand and getting on top of the dusty refrigerator to leave little dusty paw prints on the kitchen counter. What fun!

Luckily, none of the plants really look too bad. Of course, the peace lilly which was knocked over last night while Hubby and I tried to sleep looks a bit ragged! I guess I am going to have to start training Skor all over again to leave the plants alone. Oh joy!

Oh! You know the little fishing pole type toys (for cats!) with the thing at the end made up of thin leather strips? Well, somehow Skor managed to demolish his toy and we had just gotten it before we left for Ohio! Kittens!

Other than kitten trouble, everything is looking good here. Thank goodness!

However, we have NO food in the house (that made it difficult to eat dinner after we got in last night but we scrounged something up!) so I need to get to the grocery store today. Then I need to start laundry. After that I need to catch up on the phone messages on the answering machine. Next I get my hair cut at 3:30. Maybe in there I can catch a nap sometime!

Hubby is at work and somehow I think he got the better end of that deal!

It seems to me that I promised some pictures. Let me just go and grab them off the computer . . .

First - the bookmarks I made. Here are three of them. Three went to my niece in Oklahoma and one to my mother before I got pictures of them.





The one on the left is a "book thong: type. I really like this kind of bookmark for some reason. You can do all kinds of things with them and they are pretty durable.

The other two are of my own invention. I haven't come up with a name for them yet but they work like this:





The black is elastic and it stretches around the front of the book and the page you are on. Then, you "button" the elastic around the little flower (or dragonfly) and it is secure. These are based on a bookmark I saw once at a bookstore (I forget which store) which had elastic like this with an interlocking clasp to hold it together. Not having access to an interlocking clasp (I shopped at Wal Mart!) I just did the button thing. I think it worked out well. It certainly kept my place!

I think the other thing I was supposed to show was Hubby's Christmas present from my parents. A few things to set up the whole scenario. First, we are originally from Cleveland, Ohio, home of the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team. Next, there is a guy on the Cavs named Anderson something-or-other who has wild hair. Finally, Hubby had mentioned something to my dad about the hair when Dad was in Texas and the two of them were watching a Cavs game. It was a give away night at the arena and the crowd was all wearing . . . .









Anderson's hair! Hubby apparently said it would be neat to have some hair like that and . . . voila! Now he has hair like that! For those of you who think Hubby looks like this all the time - the hair is a wig and is quite out of character for Hubby. In fact, when he put this on, I couldn't stop laughing until he took it off! It is wild!

The real Anderson Whoever is on the right in this photo. Notice the hair. I know this isn't the best shot of the hair but I tried!

That is it for today. I will be catching up on my blog reading this week (after a nap) and hope you are all having a super New Year so far!

Trisha

Voice Update: My voice is doing well. I was really spotty in doing my exercises while in Ohio but I am back on track today!

No comments: