Monday, August 22, 2011

Getting Back Into the Swim!

Hi All!

Splish! Splash!

I went swimming today for the first time in forever (okay - not really forever but for a long time - since before the cruise!)!

My cold/cough/upper respiratory infection is finally gone enough that I can do physical activity without dissolving into a coughing fit so I decided that today was the day! True, I did "cheat" and drive to the pool but - I thought I would start slowly. Well, that and it was 84 when I started out and I didn't feel like getting that sweaty by walking!

The water was nice and wet even if it was a bit warmer than ideal. There is no possible way that it could be nice and cool when we haven't had a day under 100 degrees for about a week now. I guess I can't really complain.

The pool was my own private relaxation station this morning and I enjoyed it to the fullest. The sky was lovely with clouds (! We haven't had many clouds around lately either!) spotting the sky and birds flitting here and there busy with their morning routines.

Then it was back to the house for a shower and my morning "chat" with Mom.

What a wonderful way to start the day.

To be perfectly honest, I am trying to stave off my anxiety about Hubby leaving town tomorrow morning AND classes starting tomorrow afternoon. Two big things that I don't really want to happen.

Hubby is going on a work business trip. I hope he relaxes and has time to socialize with friends while he is away.

Classes. I used to be very enthusiastic about classes. Now. Not so much.

This turn-about in attitude may be because of last semester's conflicts. Then again - it may be because this summer has been such a bummer for me. First the months on the "zombie pills" and then topping off a lovely, wonderful, amazing cruise with a horrible upper repsiratory infection that laid me low for two weeks plus.

Could it be that I didn't really get much of a "break" this summer?

Hubby and I have discussed this and have agreed that if things don't improve attitude-wise, we will have to decide if taking classes this semester is really the right thing for me to do or not. I know he is hoping that I will love classes once I get started.

I hope so.

Trisha

Voice Update: Still doing remarkably well. Honestly, I thought the coughing would set me back major time but . . . so far that hasn't been the case!





No comments: