Monday, April 18, 2011

Healing and Hope

Hi All!

Here is hoping that Blogger is better and I don't have to do the html coding myself today.

Lately I haven't blogged because I have been sick, sick, sick (the men are marching). I have had quite a doozy of a cold and I have been spending most of my time flat on my back in bed sleeping. Well, that and trying to get air into my lungs through my totally stuffed up nose. The same nose that now looks like it has been through the ringer (poor little chapped nose!). I had to miss classes on Thursday due to my progressing illness (and I NEVER miss class!) and then a wonderful opportunity to see the ASL comedian Keith Wann on Friday.

I was well enough (just barely) to take Miss Cleo to the vet for her annual check-up and everything is good there. However, as soon as I got home . . . I was back in bed totally exhausted from the hour long outing!

On Saturday, Hubby and I went to see Burn the Floor. If you don't know, it is a stage production of ballroom dancing. There were lots of beautiful girls and handsome men doing amazing steps on stage.

Ballroom isn't really my thing - I like it once in a while - but this was a good diversion. It was amazing that these dancers could keep going for the entire show - they were really dancing up a storm - or should I say that they were "Burning the floor?"

In other news, I was watching the neighbors' cats while they were gone on a long weekend. They have two adorable cats that actually come out to see me when I go over to take care of them. The older cat, Callie, is a bit of a curmudgeon but she actually lets me pet her. I just have to make sure that I stay well away from her teeth when she is done being petted!

Did I mention that Hubby baked me a delicious carrot cake (from a mix) while I was sick because I was craving cake (I always seem to do that when I am sick)? He is such a wonderful husband and he felt so helpless because he couldn't make be feel better. I love that man!

As I am quickly running out of steam and will probably need a nap before tackling my research paper, I will show you these . . . . pictures of my parent's goats. They are adorable little critters!



Have a super Monday!



Trisha


Voice Update: Doing well despite the long days of sleeping. Could work on some extra massage because of my stiff neck and shoulders (thank you, cold!).

1 comment:

Mental P Mama said...

I had no idea you were so sick! I think a nice carrot cake baked by a hubby could cure anything! I ♥♥♥♥ those goats!!!!!