Monday, January 31, 2011

What I Have Been Up To . . .

Hi All!

Happy Monday! Are you all excited about the possibilities that week has in store for you? There just has to be some wonderful things coming my way (okay - there might be some not so wonderful things too but they are worth it when you look at the good stuff!).

In case you are feeling a bit more pessimistic, I just read an article that said researchers found that optimistic people lived longer! So - turn that frown upside down and live optimistically!

Last week I was blessed to have many opportunities to work on my interpreting skills. I was also blessed to work with some wonderful mentors who help helpful feedback for me to use while continuing to grow. Hopefully I will have some great opportunities this week as well!

During the past couple of weeks I have found myself shopping - yes, shopping! For those of you who don't know, I am not a big shopper. In fact, I have often thought that the shopping gene was missing in my makeup. Most of the time I HATE shopping. And I do mean HATE! I would just rather not do it.

However, in the past several weeks I have found myself shopping and . . . .enjoying it! Incredible, huh?

I want to show you some of my finds . . . .


This cute bunny is now our spoon rest next to the stove. Don't you think it is cheery? Who can resist a cute little bunny???


At the same place I bought the bunny I bought this cool winter hat! I had been looking for a winter hat since I have decided to continue my "hat lady" persona year-round!

sdghsfdh

The hat is wool and the "ribbon" is velvet with these adorable flowers.






A close up of the flowers with their cute "gems." The flash on the camera sort of washed out the color but the hat is a rich, chocolate brown color. I will have to work on getting a picture of me in the hat to show you.




This picture isn't something I bought but . . .
sfjh
Remember I told you that I was growing my hair? Here is proof. It is getting long (just ignore the zits and the dark circles . . . )! I know that my hair isn't long compared to most people's hair but remember - I used to be able to brush my hair with my towel when I got out of the shower!

dfgjh

Trisha

dfj

Voice Update: Still doing really well. I am on track with exercises and massage. The oral reading is mostly replaced with actual talking to people but I still intend to get back on that - if I can figure out my schedule to allow me the time!


1 comment:

Chris H said...

Well done on the shopping, I'm proud of you....lol!