Friday, January 14, 2011

And Then There Was One

Hi All!

Well, it is still chilly in this part of the world. Unusually chilly for this part, that is! This morning when I woke up and looked at the thermometer it registered a chilly 37 degrees and that was about 17 degrees warmer than a few other mornings this week. I am thankful for the warm up since I had to schlep the garbage toter to the end of the drive this morning at 6:30!

Schlepping the toter is normally Hubby's job but . . . he is a bit . . . impaired right now. He is actually minus one big toenail. Yes, that is right - he is down a toenail!

He had been battling a minor case of toenail fungus for a while and finally reached a point where the nail had to go. He saw Doc Feely yesterday and came home limping and minus one nail. In another three weeks he will return to the scene of the "crime" to get the other big toenail removed.

What sort of amazed me is that during the procedure they applied some kind of acid that destroys the nail bed so that he will never have another nail grow again! I had no idea that they even did that and, if they did, that anyone would want to have that done!

Doc said that there was a 70% chance that the fungus would return when/if the toenail regrew so Hubby said . . ."I can live without big toenails!"

Imagine that!

It still sort of grosses me out but I am sure I will get used to it!

On the personal front, I am feeling much better. In fact I even went out of the house yesterday! Yes! I went to Half-Price Books and scored twelve clearance books (one buck a piece!) and used my gift card from Christmas (which still has money on it!) and a five dollar coupon! Score!

After the book store I stopped at Genghis Grill - a Mongolian BBQ kind of place - for lunch. I took along a book to read but ended up also being entertained by the people at the place. I was seated at the bar and chatted with a gentleman who was also at the bar before watching the employees come and go from behind the bar doing various things. It was really entertaining and good food!

From lunch I headed home to wait. I knew that Hubby was at the doc's office and I wanted to be home in case he needed me to come get him or anything! Luckily, I didn't need to pick him up but he did ask that I take in his prescription. I did that while I grocery shopped - no problem at all!

Despite the toenail removal - yesterday was a good day!

Trisha

Voice Update: Doing well. Still handling the massage but some lingering drainage is still playing havoc with the sound of my voice in the mornings. Hopefully, that will clear up soon!

1 comment:

Mental P Mama said...

Thanks. Now I have sympathy pains in my toe.