Friday, August 28, 2009

Finally Friday!

Hi All!

It is FINALLY Friday! I don't know why but this week just seemed to telescope out until it felt like about a month!

This morning I took my big, ballooning blisters out for a walk. Well . . . let's just say things didn't work out too well for us. In fact, the blisters went from big, ballooning blisters into big, BLEEDING blisters. In about a block or so from my house, I noticed that the pain was increasing and looked at my heels . . .I then proceeded to take off my sneakers and walk back home in my socks.

That must have been a sight!

Oh well! At least I don't have to pop my blisters now!

Let's see . . . what else is going on?

Oh - "L," the person I am temping for, came into work yesterday. She is doing pretty well and is going to try to start coming in to work for an hour or so a couple of times a week. That will be good. Of course that means I need to make sure that I leave work for her to do. I have sort of gotten into a "groove" at work and get most stuff done pretty quickly now.

It will actually be good that L is coming in next week since Hubby and I are taking our semi-annual trip up north next week. The four speech pathologists were a little worried about being "on their own" for a week and so L coming in will help that a bit.

Yesterday I went to talk to my neighbor, "C" about taking care of the cats while we are gone. I found out that on the very first day of school - she teaches Kindergarten - she tripped over a student chair and sprained her ankle. The school made her leave school to see a doctor and she ended up with crutches and a brace. Doesn't that sound fun? She just got the brace off yesterday and is so happy that she doesn't have to mess with it any more!

Today I am heading to the college to spend some quality time in the lab since I will be missing my practice time next week. AND we have an assignment due on the Wednesday I get back. Fun, fun!

When I get home I "get" to start all the pre-trip stuff - laundry, watering plants, cleaning the cat fountain, etc. Want to come and help?

Trisha

Voice Update: I got a nice massage from Holly yesterday and things feel so much better now! I just have to remember to do massage while visiting the folks!

4 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Have a wonderful trip, and stay off your feet!

Flea said...

What fun! What fun! Trips! And falls!

Chris H said...

I hope your feet heal quickly as you are off on a little holiday soon!

noble pig said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch!!!