Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Warning Birds and Trimming Shrubs

Hi All!

After my very scarring experience last week with the bird sex I have been warning birds that I see who MIGHT be interested in some bird sex that I DO NOT WANT TO WITNESS IT! They need to get a hotel room or a nest or a bird house or something. I mean, it is just not right that they do that kind of stuff in front of innocent bystanders - like me!

This morning my mother (who is still visiting from Ohio) and I went walking and there was one bird who kept puffing himself up and chasing a female bird. Uh-oh! It looks like he is wanting some action! I kept telling him - NO WAY!

Luckily for all involved, nothing happened while Mom and I were in viewing range. Thank goodness - I don't think I could handle more explicit behavior from birds! That is just disturbing!

I will admit that Mom found the whole situation amusing! She kept laughing at me while I warned the birds to "knock it off!" I am glad that I made her day just a bit brighter!

After walking - later than normal because my mom decided to sleep in! - I had to trim those darn, ugly shrubs out front again. To be honest, it was only one side of the flowerbed that needed trimming because it grew from the time I trimmed it to the time I got the other side trimmed. It is a never ending cycle around here.

Anyway - Mom and I tackled the shrub (it is soooo nice to have help!) and then moved on to water the "new" flowerbed out back. With the water running and the sweat dripping it was a very damp experience. There are several more hostas growing - I will have to take a picture and post it for you tomorrow. I am so insanely proud of those darn hostas!

Do I need to have my head examined?

Trisha
Voice Update: Good but a bit tired. Mom and I are heading out to have lunch with a friend of mine and I am hoping my voice holds up. I did really well with the massage yesterday but never did fire up the massager. I HAVE to do that today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should provide some discreet housing for the birds... You could name it, The Bird Brothel.

Arwyn Y. said...

I learned about sex from my cockatiels right around the age of, oh, 9 or so. My mom just pulled me aside one day and said the birds were having sex. The male bird would let out a celebratory song after he finished every time. You wouldn't even have to be in the room to see them--the song was enough to let you know what went on.