Friday, June 13, 2008

Ahoy Maties!

Hi All!

I am just checking in from my vacation. Hi! Are you all still there? Do you have enough food and water? I hope my cats do!

Well, if you didn't figure it out from the title of this blog, I am on a ship. While it looks like a very big ship - it is really rather small in relation to some of the other behemoths out there! Currently the big but not really big ship that I am on is cruising through the Pacific Ocean. I believe that I will leave you in suspense at to just where we are heading for right now. It is more fun that way - isn't it?

Traveling yesterday went . . . okay. I guess. It was a LONG day. Hubby and I got up at about 4 in the morning (!!!!) and then spent a lot of time doing our favorite activity - "riding" the line ride! For the uninitiated, this is the name of the "ride" where you stand in a long line which snakes back and forth between nylon "ropes" until you get to another line which is usually oriented in a different direction. We rode the line ride to check our baggage (and paying for the third bag - I can't believe it!), to go through the metal detector barefoot, to get onto the place (you knew that is where we were heading, right), to change planes at a different airport (or course - you can't get anywhere from where we started!),to clear passport control (that is a hint for you!), to pick up our luggage, to hand our customs form to a woman, to get a taxi, to go through another metal detector (this time while wearing our shoes), to sign paperwork, and - finally, to get onto this big but not huge ship.

It was exhausting.

But, we are here and enjoying it so far. I just ate some hot french fries (Mom -they were right out of the oil hot!) and am blogging with you while Hubby relaxes.

Talk to you soon!
Trisha

Voice Update: Surprisingly good despite a lack of sleep (getting up early yesterday and last night dealing with nightmares - where did THEY come from????) and the stress of dealing with a LOT of people. I did some massage while on the plane but haven't been too good about my exercises. Well, I did walk this morning but didn't do the vocal exercises. Does talking to a lot of strangers make up for that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooooh... Lucky you!!!

Anonymous said...

Let me see - where are you headed?
Enjoy!