Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ya Ain't Got A Thing If Ya Ain't Got That Swing!

Hi All!

Well, I am sad to say that I am still not feeling quite up to "par." I have always wondered about that saying because, generally, par is pretty low.  It I don't feel up to par does that mean I am below a 3 or 4?  It seems like even if I WAS up to par, that still wouldn't be very high.  Maybe it should be "I am not feeling up to cruising altitude." instead.  What do you think?

My new meds are treating me to a "lovely" variety of side effects which include stomach "issues," sleeplessness and headaches.  Of course, to be fair, the headaches are probably caused by the lack of sleep and not by the meds themselves.  I wouldn't want to be said to be unfair to medications!

This whole sleepy, headachy, grumpy thing is starting to get me down!  It feels like I can't do everything I want to do since I am in a "fog" of sorts.

Of course, I am not sure if the "fog" or "funk," which may be a better description of the phenomenon, is actually medically caused or if it is just the way I am.  I have been in this "thing" since summer.  Then again, I have been dealing with medicine "issues" since this summer.

So - which came first - the funk or the issues?

Anyway.


Have I told you that as part of my ASL experiences this semester I am volunteering to interpret a play? Another student and I will be working as a team and will be interpreting the entire play in case a Deaf person shows up (we aren't sure that any will and are actually hoping that they don't so we don't feel as pressured!).  The play is called "A Samurai Nosferatu" and is about . . . . Samurai warriors and vampires.

To be perfectly honest, I had never heard of Nosferatu before this play and was woefully behind in my vampire and monster "lore."  Apparently, my education in lacking in that very important genre of movies - the B monster flick.

At rehearsal last night, everyone was talking about the various monster flicks they grew up watching and me . . . I had nothing to share (can I blame my parents for this???).  I am a quick learner though and I do have internet access so I am trying to catch up.  I won't be watching the movies though - monster films (good or not) freak me out!

Actually, the play must be freaking me out as well.  Last night I dreamt about vampires!

I think I need a break.  Or something!

Trisha

Voice Update:  Still doing really well.  My neck hurts from Susan's "work" on Monday but it is still loose and working well.

No comments: