Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Migraine and The Gnome and Mrs. Meyers

Hi All!

Yesterday was fun - sort of. I started the day with my morning walk and chat with Mom. Then I headed out into the day. Everything went really well until I was in my car on the way to the grocery store. That is when it struck. A headache.

Luckily, I had aspirin and water in the car so I took full advantage of both. Then I soldiered on into the store. Somehow, the bright store didn't soothe my headache but rather amplified it . . . into a migraine.

I completed my shopping and headed home. Once there I dragged everything into the house and put away the things that needed refrigeration. The rest was left on the counter while I heated up some lunch (thinking that my headache was due to a lack of food).

The food was eaten and the headache actually ratcheted itself up at least two notches. Due to that, I headed to bed. Three and a half hours later I was awakened by Hubby sitting on the edge of the bed. I hadn't even heard him come into the house!

The headache was still there so I got up and took some Excedrin and then burrowed under the covers again.

Another three hours later I emerged with only the dull remains of a headache. Hubby and I enjoyed a nice dinner (with Hubby's homemade spaghetti sauce) and some conversation before it was time to head back to bed for the night.

This morning I woke up with the hangover feeling from the meds but no headache! My morning walk was refreshing (if a little brisk at 41 degrees!) and it was a good time for me to dive into a new podcast.

The podcast is called The Gnome and Mrs. Meyers by Susan Klein. The book is read by the author and is interesting. The basic premise is that a recently widowed woman is surprised by the appearance of a House Gnome in her living room. A real, live gnome! The gnome asks to stay at her house for three months after which the woman will get a wealth of gems in payment. Since the widow, Mrs. Brenda Meyers, needs money after her husband's long illness she agrees to the three month stay. That is when her adventure begins.

Despite the rather lack-luster reading voice of the author, the story has me hooked with its whimsy and unusual plot. I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Trisha

Voice Update: Still hanging in there. Hopefully today will be better (without headache and with time for exercises!).

1 comment:

Dianne said...

those kinds of headaches can be killers, glad it passed