Monday, January 18, 2010

Sick, Sick, Sick

Hi All!

Do you know the old saying "be careful what you wish for?" Well, I was wishing for the weekend, right? As it turned out, I probably should have just wished that the week kept going as it was going!

Friday night I got home from work, met Hubby at the bank, got home and had dinner. Then I went to bed really, really early. I was SOOOOO tired! I slept in a bit on Saturday and woke up feeling pretty darn good. I did laundry and crocheted (I now have ten rows of the needed 27 completed!), read a book by Mary Higgins Clark. Basically, I had a good time.

In the late afternoon I decided to take a nap - this was after Hubby noticed that I had over watered all of our plants and that they were leaking gross water all over the carpets which the two of us spent about half an hour cleaning up. By the time I got up it was time to head to Wal Mart for a much needed trip. We were running out of toilet paper and zip lock bags!

Before heading to "Wally World," we ate dinner at What-A-Burger. This is one of our favorite places to have a dinner out. They make good burgers! As soon as I was finished eating I noticed that my stomach was a bit . . . unsettled. It wasn't anything serious though so we headed to "Wally World" and finished our trip. All during the shopping I was feeling a bit "off" but couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong.

Once we were home I had to zip into the bathroom. And THAT started it all. I pretty much spent the rest of the evening in the bathroom.

Diarrhea and then . . . after much waiting and pacing . . . the "chance" to - shall we say - review everything I had eaten for dinner. What fun!

This lovely duo continued approximately every two hours for the rest of the evening and through the next morning. I was so thirsty but even water was immediately rejected from my system! I resorted to just swishing water around in my mouth and then spitting it out. Can you say - pathetic?

The vomiting ended early Sunday morning - around 6:00 A.M. I think. However, the trips to the bathroom continued though they did slow their pace dramatically. I was able to keep a few sips of orange juice down by around noon along with a half of an individual cup of applesauce and I actually showered and took a walk up and down the block by about 4:00 P.M. Dinner was chicken noodle soup - it was yummy!- and then it was some tv and bed.

After sleeping through the night (well, with one bathroom trip) I got up this morning to my stomach making very strong demands for something to eat. I finished the cup of applesauce and headed back to bed for about an hour before the cats decided that I needed to get up. Then I warmed up left-over soup and had a nice breakfast.

I didn't get up to go walking this morning nor did I do my Wii. My mind isn't too happy about this but my body just wasn't going to be able to handle it today.

I am supposed to head to work today but I am thinking that might not be a good idea. Linda will be there and with her lowered immune system . . . I don't think that this "bug" that I had/have would be good exposure for her. Besides, I am continuing to experience some diarrhea.

Maybe I will just go back to sleep for a while.

Trisha

Voice Update: The whole "reviewing of previously eaten meals" was rather rough on my voice. I also didn't do my exercises while making the trips to the bathroom. In hindsight, it might have been the perfect time to do my exercises. I mean - what else was I really doing other than waiting around? Anyway - my voice is okay - could be better but is still hanging in there.

4 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Ugh. It is a national epidemic....I always suck on an ice cube for a minute...hope you are on the mend!

noble pig said...

Ugh! Feel better...and what-a-burger that was.

Diane said...

It sounds like we had very similar weekends. I too finished bringing food up early Sunday morning. I spent the rest of the weekend in the recliner trying to work up enough energy to brush my teeth... cuz yeah, even water was iffy there for a while.

Feel better!

Diane said...

It sounds like we had very similar weekends. I too finished bringing food up early Sunday morning. I spent the rest of the weekend in the recliner trying to work up enough energy to brush my teeth... cuz yeah, even water was iffy there for a while.

Feel better!