Saturday, January 2, 2010

Look What I Saw!

Hi All!

I hope everyone had a very Happy New Year's Eve and New Year's Day! Me, I had a nice, quiet time at home with Hubby - just the way I like it.

Look what Hubby and I saw when we were at Church . . .

A beautiful, TALL Christmas tree covered in Chrismons! The tree is so tall, in fact, that it actually blocks one of the two screens where they project words to hymns, etc.

On closer examination . . . Hubby and I saw this lovely Chrismons! Yes, it is the Chrismons that I made. By hand! Yeah!


I was just happy that they put it on the tree. Most of the other Chrismons were much fancier with pearls and crystals but mine was just sort of plain. Just like me!

Let's see - what else is going on in my neck of the woods. . .

I had a wonderfully relaxing lunch with my friends Donna and Caroline this week. They are always such fun to talk to. We at at Souper Salad - one of my favorite places - and then headed over to check out the nearby book stores. I actually purchased a book. Of course, I had a coupon! It is a rare occurrence when I purchase a book from a bookstore which isn't Half-Price Books and isn't on their clearance shelves!

Wal Mart was the site of my weekly grocery shopping trip this week primarily because my local Kroger store doesn't carry much in the way of pork roasts and you HAVE to have pork on New Year's Day. With sauerkraut! You HAVE to!

I know a lot of people, especially those down here in the south say it is black-eyed peas but I am staying true to the traditions I grew up with up north!

Anyway - I DID buy another book at Wal Mart - a Christmas themed book which looked interesting. Of course, I have already finished reading it and I enjoyed it a lot. Hopefully, I will pass it on to someone else who likes to read so they can enjoy it as well.

Speaking of books . . . it has been a while since I did a book post and the pile of books I need to "talk" about is growing a bit unwieldy. Maybe I will simply pick the best of the pile to share. Such dilemmas!

Oh well!

Have a super day!

Trisha

Voice Update: Pretty good today even though I am not feeling too well. I have been working on getting rid of the sore spots on my neck and that is helping my voice - of course. I have also been trying to get in more inhalation voicing. The other day I only spoke in inhale around the house (I was talking to the cats and singing along with my ipod - all on the inhale). It seems to help me a lot.

In news sort of related to my voice - I got a bit motivated this morning and have been doing some planning for my SD support group. Hopefully, everything will keep falling into place.

Which reminds me . . . looking for a good place to donate money in 2010? Check out the National Spasmodic Dysphonia Association!

2 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Black eyed peas for this household! Those Christmons are beautiful. What are they?

Chris H said...

That is a big tree! Your Chrismon is very pretty too... whatever a Chrismon is!