Friday, January 27, 2012

Hair Dilemma

Hi All!

Recently, I have been growing my hair.  For most of my life, I have gone from having longer hair (the longest was in college when it was halfway down my back) to having short hair (and I mean short!).  Since my hair grown quickly, growing it out isn't too much of a hassle. Yes, I have to deal with awkward in-between stages when my hair looks . . . .odd but, generally, those stages are over pretty quickly.

However.

My hair is thick.  Every time I get my hair cut, my hairdresser "thins" it to make it look less like a bush and more like human hair.  Normally, I don't mind having thick hair and my mother is envious of my thick hair (yeah, just let her live with it for about a month and that will be over!).  When my hair is longer though, the thickness of my hair can become an "issue."

Why, you may ask?

Well, in case you don't know, thick hair takes FOREVER to dry.  I am really not exaggerating too much with that time frame either!

I can wash my hair and let it air dry and it will still be damp over two hours from the time I step out of the shower.  And, yes, I towel dry it well.

If I need to have my hair look more "finished" than its normal haphazardly dried look ( one side goes under and the other flips out while a few rougue waves in my otherwise straight hair makes things look . . .interesting), that required blow drying. 

Blow drying is fast, right?  Think again, my dear friends!

To blow dry my hair it takes at least (at LEAST) half an hour.  And that is without really doing a lot of styling.  For me to control how my hair looks at the end of the blow drying requires even more time (since I have to dry stategically).  Sometimes it can take upwards of forty-five minutes.

My arms get tired!  I get sweaty!  I get cranky.

I do like how my hair turns out though!

The price of having long hair.

Hummmmph.

I could do without it.

Trisha

1 comment:

Chris H said...

My hair is exactly the same.
It takes hours to dry on it's own, and like you, ages to blow dry too.
And it looks like I've got a huge fluffly dog on me head if I don't straighten it after blow drying it too!
The best way is to just let it dry naturally, at least then mine kinda stays a bit less fluffy.
I love my long hair though, so will never cut it short.
Are you growing yours now?