Monday, May 9, 2011

Sam Houston

Hi All!

During my trip to Houston with three other members of my class, we passed the HUGE statue of Sam Houston. On our way home we stopped to take a closer look and to get some pictures. This statue is amazing!

This must be an extra face or a first try???? The visitor center was closed when we were there and there was no information plaque so the explanation for this face was left up to our imaginations!



Such a proud stance!


















A view from the front.
sdghs

Sam is 67 feet tall and can be seen for miles when driving down interstate 45 towards Houston, Texas. Remember - they say everything is bigger in Texas!


sfjsfj



Today I have a speech appointment and I am eager to see what Susan thinks of my voice this time. It seems to be doing really well despite the stress in my life recently. We will see what the "official" opinion is!



sdgh



As I am writing this, I am listening to iTunes (on shuffle, of course!) and there is a lovely Christmas tune playing. Vince Gill singing "Do You Hear What I Hear?"



dfgh



This leads me to wonder, once more, just why people relegate Christmas music to only one month out of the year. Yes, I know that it is Christmas music but what is Christmas music anyway? Basically a celebration of the birth of Christ, right?



sfgjsfj



Shouldn't we celebrate that every month of the year instead of just one?



sfjgs



Trisha



fhjsfj



Voice Update: The past few weeks have been stressful for me. First I had a really (REALLY) bad cold that involved coughing and drainage and wonderful stuff like that. Then, I recovered from that to enter into the "busy" part of the semester for classes. You can just read "busy" as "stressful." When I am stressed, my voice takes a beating. It is generally not very good in times of stress. However, this time, I didn't notice too many problems at all. Maybe I am getting the hang of keeping SD at bay!!



sdhsdhf



Did I mention that the NSDA national symposium is happening? Since my decision to separate myself from the NSDA I have also decided to not go to the symposium. However, (if I haven't missed it), if you are interested, go to the NSDA's website for more info!

2 comments:

Chris H said...

That statue is ENORMOUS!

Mental P Mama said...

How awesome is he???