Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Still No Pictures!

Hi All!

Yes, I know that I promised to start taking more pictures and I am going to . . . starting today!

I got a call last night just as Hubby and I finished up dinner - it was from Holly, one of the speech therapists I used to work for. As you know, I subbed at the office for a couple days last week. Well - apparently the new person's husband isn't doing too well yet (he had surgery last week) so she isn't going to be in today. Holly asked if I would come in.

Being the soft-hearted person I am, I said "Sure!" So - I will be headed to work here in just a bit. Of course, now I am starting to wonder if I am going to be "sucked in" just like I was a year ago. If you remember, that started out as subbing also and turned into a steady job for nine months! This time I am going to be much more cautious!

While I am typing this post I am also downloading some free tunes from Amazon.com. Did you know that on their MP3 page there is a whole bunch of free songs and albums? Many of them are very good. Of course, many are genres that I don't really care that much for (I saw a heavy metal sampler on there and that is NOT going on my iPod!). It is fun to browse the music and listen to the samples they provide. You can also read reviews that other people leave. This is how I got most of my "current" music.

I mean, I am not exactly in the "current" scene to learn about music that way!

While those songs are downloading I am listening to a song from the musical, "Bombay Dreams." How is that for multi-tasking?

Walking/swimming this morning was wonderful! It was a cool 74 degrees when I woke up and the sky was cloudy so the sun didn't burst through and make things hot. A cool breeze was blowing the entire time I was walking and the pool water was nice a refreshing. You can't ask for more!

Today marked the 33rd day I have swum this summer. My, how time flies by when you are having fun.

That is all of my excitement for today. I am feeling a bit bad about how boring my blog is but then again - my life is just as boring so . . . . that is what you get!

Have a super day!

Trisha

Voice Update: Doing okay - I noticed that I was having some trouble this morning while walking and talking to my neighbor (who was walking/swimming with me!). I think that is due to the whole morning thing and the fact that I wasn't "warmed up" yet. Last night I read out loud for the first time in a while. I finished up the proverbs and am more than halfway through Ecclesiastes. Which, if you didn't know, is all about Solomon saying how meaningless life is. Not the most cheerful book I have read so far!

2 comments:

Diane said...

You are a kind hearted person! More pictures please!

Your super-secret admirer said...

You have counted the number of times you've swum so far this summer? Is it more fun for you to keep a detailed record of your fun-having?