Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday With The New Computer

Hi All!

Well - it is Monday and my new computer is still doing well. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that this computer lasts a long, long, long time!

This weekend, as I said in my last blog, was pretty well taken up with going to the ASL lab and setting up the computer. I am happy to report that all of my music made the transition. I had thought that I would lose at least some of my newly added music because I hadn't backed it up but I forgot that my iPod had the new songs AND was set to act as a data disc!

That means a couple things. First, I can put data onto my iPod. I do that with some of my word documents that I want to share with my parents when I visit. Second, it means that I can actually transfer MUSIC to different itunes computers (well, not ALL itunes computers but in this case, the new computer worked well). Yeah, iPod! I was afraid for a while that I would lose my version of "The Streak!"

It DID take forever (just a slight exaggeration there) to reload all the music onto the computer. I guess that is the price I pay for liking music so much!

In additional news, I managed to get all of my pictures onto the new computer. When I say "all" I mean all of the pictures that I saved the last time I backed up my photos. I did lose some including the intro shots of my hot pad! Darn! I was hoping to show you the progress on that today but didn't get it done. Hopefully tomorrow! Remind me, people!

It is raining proverbial cats and dogs in my neck of the woods and is chilly! In fact, I just ran to the other room to get my fingerless gloves to try to keep my hands from turning into solid chunks of ice! I bought my gloves at Target a while back and I love them! They really help when full gloves would be too much but your hands need some extra warmth around the knuckles. Plus, you can pull your fingers into the main part of the glove if you need additional warmth.

Okay - I am done rambling for today. Have a good one!

Trisha

Voice Update: Ugh. Actually, things are going pretty well. I am slacking, major time, on my exercises though. I think someone needs to hold my feet to the fire! I do have a couple "breaks" in my voice which could be improved with exercises. So . . . "hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work I go!"

3 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

What a Busy Bee!

free computer tips said...

What a great post, I like your idea.

Diane said...

A new computer?? Yippee! Glad to hear most of your data made the transition.